• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Schengen Visa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
December 2022
I’m an American and have been walking Camiño since January 24. French way from SJPdP, Fisterra/ Muxia, Central route of Portugese way from Porto and currently ten days on Norte starting from Irun.

I have come far on Norte and Santiago is ahead of me and I want to go there again. Problem is my 90 day Schengen expires on April 14 meaning I’m supposed to leave the EU by then….. but I want to keep walking.

Online info looks like there could be big consequences for overstaying but anecdotal info say maybe Spain doesn’t care to much? Anyone know how big of a problem this could be or knows people who have stayed over.

Again, I want to over stay but I’m worried of the consequences. Even if they let me leave the country with no penalty maybe there is a problem when I come back someday?

Any help appreciated,

Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You probably won’t hear from anyone here say it is OK to break the law. Time is up. Go home. Or find a legal way to stay. To do that - ask the proper authorities - not a bunch of random people on the internet. Can’t extend your stay legally? Go home and return when you are legally allowed to return.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
The why is in the article below. https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/2024/05/07/concello-santiago-estudia-reforzar-conexiones-102021423.html
Here's the dealeo. 😁 Instead of my usual departure city back to the US of A from Paris. I am now coming home from Barcelona. I've done my due diligence in searching how to get from Logrono to...
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?
I am filling out the Correos bag transportation itinerary and my question is, what do I select as my next destination if my hotel/inn/BnB/apartment is not listed on the drop down menu? Can I...
Does anyone know if there is a west-bound bus that stops in Molinaseca and also makes stops up the "hill"? It rained hard today and I was COLD after the trek from Rabanal so I decided to taxi from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.