• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending laptop

Yu Hsuan

Time of past OR future Camino
From March to April, 2022
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there are any of you who have sent your laptop with Correos before?
Since I might need to send it from SJPdP to Santiago next week, I don't know if it is safe enough to do so......
Even though I understand that no one would be able to tell how high the risk is, just want to ask if there's anyone who has done something similar before.

Thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there are any of you who have sent your laptop with Correos before?
Since I might need to send it from SJPdP to Santiago next week, I don't know if it is safe enough to do so......
Even though I understand that no one would be able to tell how high the risk is, just want to ask if there's anyone who has done something similar before.

Thank you!
I have recieved laptops from sjpp before. If you ship with the post office, you are taking a small risk. Their customer service after you have shipped is 0. I would look into shipping with DHL or something similar. Not sure if this is possible from sjpp you may have to ship from a bigger town before you get there.

Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Yu Hsuan,
SJPdP is in France and the national postal service is La Poste. However mailing anything between France and Spain is complicated.
For sending direct try Express Bourricot

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For sending direct try Express Bourricot
From what I've read of them that is what I was going to suggest.

Edit: I just noticed that Ivar gave a like to @mspath's post above. He has a business storing items shipped to him but I have seen posts of his about problems arising from international postal shipments.

Last edited:
I bought a neoprene sleeve at the Dollar Store to store it, then it is placed dead centre in the suitcase withg rolled clothes top, bottom, and sides. No problem. In Country transfers are not handled anywhere near as rough as airline baggage.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back