• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 1 2013 Companion

HolleySue

Time of past OR future Camino
August 11th (2013)
Hello Fellow Pilgrims:
I am beginning my camino in SJPP on approximately September 1st. I haven't bought my plane ticket yet so that date can be flexible by a week either way if there is any other female who might be interested in connecting in SJPP to become a travel companion for the first couple of days at least.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Holleysue,
I made a connection similar to what you want. It helped address my insecurity before the walk, but having made my Camino, I'm convinced it is not necessary.

There will be lots of pilgrims starting each day around Sept 1. You will meet them in cafes, albergues and on the road. If you don't make a connection here, just trust that you will, and go for it. Everything will work out fine.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada

HolleySue said:
Hello Fellow Pilgrims:
I am beginning my camino in SJPP on approximately September 1st. I haven't bought my plane ticket yet so that date can be flexible by a week either way if there is any other female who might be interested in connecting in SJPP to become a travel companion for the first couple of days at least.

It's normal to be fearful, I was when I did the camino last year. When I left the albergue on the morning of my 'camino' I was not alone. Trust yourself and just go with the flow. You will be so thankful you experienced the wonders that this journey brings. If you have planned to leave on 1 September then ‘just go for it’.

I will be back starting in July, this time from Bayonne, and will be walking and meeting up with my fellow pedegrinos from 2012 along the way.

Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi HollySue,

I will walk around Sept also, haven't bought the flight ticket yet..still working on the documents needed for visa :) Hope to see you in SJPP :)

Buen Camino

Sysilia

Hi HollySue,
I am a fellow solo female on my first camino; I am arriving SJPDP Sept. 4. Part of my intention for this journey is to 'TRUST' that all will work out and for me to stop trying to control everything. I hope we meet up along the way! Buen Camino, Maggie

Hi HolleySue, Sisilia, & Maggie and all September walkers!

I will be starting the Camino Aug 28 from Pamplona with my mom and my sister. Don't know how fast/slow we may all walk but hopefully our paths will cross along the Way.

Looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends, and creating great memories!

Buen Camino,
Jessica

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello September pilgrims, I will also start my journey the first week in September. Plainly, I have many worries insecurities...getting lost, being physically able, missing home, replacing the job I have to leave when I get home and more. This is a journey I need, a return to my stronger self, to put down what has held me back, if that's possible, and I pray it is. I hope to meet you all and walk along side you on this way of discernment. Peace, see you on the path.
Dorothy

Hi HollySue and all September walkers,

I am planning to begin on or around September 2nd from SJPDP. I'm planning to do the Camino alone so I was also hoping to connect other women who would be walking around the same time, at least to begin with. My husband is nervous about me going alone but I feel strongly called and I have the right "gap" in my life right now to be able to do this. I look forward to meeting new friends and having some time and space in my life to reflect and renew.

Robin

to all september peregrinos/as,

go with the flow. you will not be alone in the camino frances. you may start alone, but not for long. you will only be walking alone if you chose to be alone. there will be many others walking in front of you or walking behind you.

enjoy yourself. buena suerte. buen camino and god bless.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi HollySue,

I'm wondering how you will be getting to SJPDP. I think I will fly into Madrid, get a bus from the airport to Pamplona, and then take a van to SJPDP. You? I haven't made my ticket but am planning to do so in the next day or two.

Cheers. Hope to meet you at some point.

Robin

Robin...check out flying into Dublin and flying Ryanair to Biaritzz/Bayonne....it was the most direct and economic way that I found.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.