• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September weather

tony473

Time of past OR future Camino
9/20
Hello,I'm Tony and new to the site. Anyone know how what temperatures to expect on the VDLP,route mid September

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
For definitive factual data about temperatures in the last several years, try the Camino Weather website. You can plug in your dates and start/end points and it will spit out what the temps were during that time in previous years, as well as if there was any precipitation. It will even average those for you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello,I'm Tony and new to the site. Anyone know how what temperatures to expect on the VDLP,route mid September
Hi Tony, welcome to this forum.

It ‘can be’ very hot in September in Andalucía and Extremadura regións. Not every year is the same and I wish you well.
As you progress north along the Vdlp., and into later October you will more than likely experience some chilly nights and mornings too. You will walk through some elevated regions and especially along the Sanabrés .
Galicia is reknowned for rain. In October 2023 , the heavens opened.
So just be prepared for anything.

There are lots of threads you could read through on this forum to get an idea of previous years weather . Are you starting in Sevilla ?

A link to a similar question about weather in September on Vdlp., to read through.

Buen camino.

Hi Tony, welcome to this forum.

It ‘can be’ very hot in September in Andalucía and Extremadura regións. Not every year is the same and I wish you well.
As you progress north along the Vdlp., and into later October you will more than likely experience some chilly nights and mornings too. You will walk through some elevated regions and especially along the Sanabrés .
Galicia is reknowned for rain. In October 2023 , the heavens opened.
So just be prepared for anything.

There are lots of threads you could read through on this forum to get an idea of previous years weather . Are you starting in Sevilla ?

A link to a similar question about weather in September on Vdlp., to read through.

Buen camino.
Thanks for the reply. I plan on starting in Sevilla. I have no set schedule . But I'm concerned about the heat, could change my start date to October .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
But I'm concerned about the heat, could change my start date to October .
That might be a wise move. I left Sevilla in October in a mini-heatwave and had several consecutive days touching 35C+. Chances of that are much higher in September. Not much water or shade on many stages of the VdlP. Far less opportunity to just bail out and hide in an air conditioned bar than on some other routes!

Hello fellow pilgrims! I was on this forum and all prepared to walk the Camino in 2020. Well, you know what happened. Now, 4 years later I am signed up to come on a pilgrimage in September. So, 4 years older, not in as good a shape as before but hope to improve on that in the coming months. Have given away some of the supplies I had ready back then so will have to see what I might need to replace.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back