• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2015

Rachel M

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept (2015)
My dad James and myself (and maybe my mam) will arrive in St Jean de Pied de Port from Western Australia on August 31. Plan to start our walk on September 2nd. We have until October 4th when we have to be in Barcelona to meet my husband and children. We've been talking about this for a very long time and have finally booked tickets and are going. My dad is 70 this year and this is what he wants to do to celebrate. I'm learning Spanish, still can't roll my Rs . Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Cutting it tight to be back in Barcelona and still finish the Camino by October 4th. We took 42 days.

But Eh! Do what you can and enjoy your Camino, if you don't finish it you can always go back at a later date. My niece walked for the first 2 weeks with us last year and is planning on going back next year to finish.

My dad James and myself (and maybe my mam) will arrive in St Jean de Pied de Port from Western Australia on August 31. Plan to start our walk on September 2nd. We have until October 4th when we have to be in Barcelona to meet my husband and children. We've been talking about this for a very long time and have finally booked tickets and are going. My dad is 70 this year and this is what he wants to do to celebrate. I'm learning Spanish, still can't roll my Rs . Buen Camino
Welcome all , its great to do this with your dad . I think it is a challenge to do this in about 30 day's . Wish you well , a great journy and a Buen Camino , Peter .

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yeah we know, we'll just take each as it comes and see what happens. We're in training no blisters so far. After Spain we head home to Ireland to visit the family and then spend time in London and Paris before we fly back home to Australa in Nov.

You've picked a good time of year to do it - I began walking from St Jean on 21 September last year and the weather was quite warm. I didn't encounter any significant rain for the first two and a half weeks, so hopefully you will be blessed with similar weather. Buen Camino!

Rachel I will be starting from Logrono on the 6th Sept so may well get to meet you and your Dad. How lovely to be able to celebrate his 70th this way. I am in Sydney and looking forward like crazy to everything (except that looooong flight!)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rachel I will be starting from Logrono on the 6th Sept so may well get to meet you and your Dad. How lovely to be able to celebrate his 70th this way. I am in Sydney and looking forward like crazy to everything (except that looooong flight!)
Yes I'm dreading the flight too. we arrive in SJPDP on 31 August and walk to Orisson on the 1st. We got our clam shells, Camino patch and passports last week. Very excited. I have an orange back pack with Aussie and Irish flag, keep an eye out for us.

Yes I'm dreading the flight too. we arrive in SJPDP on 31 August and walk to Orisson on the 1st. We got our clam shells, Camino patch and passports last week. Very excited. I have an orange back pack with Aussie and Irish flag, keep an eye out for us.
I will keep an eye out for you Rachel. I have a turquoise Kathmandu backpack and will have my Camino Forum and Australian Pilgrims badges pinned on. September will be here in the blink of an eye! Enjoy all the preparation and anticipation in the meantime!

Hope to meet you on the way, I leave SJPP on the 2nd of September and I think I will walk straight to Roncesvalles. (However, still considering of stopping in Orrisson... ;) ) I will look for your orange backpack with flag! Buen camino both of you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hope to meet you on the way, I leave SJPP on the 2nd of September and I think I will walk straight to Roncesvalles. (However, still considering of stopping in Orrisson... ;) ) I will look for your orange backpack with flag! Buen camino both of you.
If you decide to stop in Orisson, better book soon. I hear it's quite popular

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.