• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2019 starting SJPdP

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That is a great time of the year for Camino on the Frances. Ultreya!! :)

I'm glad to see that you added your departure to the Forum's Camino calendar.
Have walked the CF before in April, May or June and just looking forward to seeing it at a different time of year. Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello. Will be starting from SJPdP on the 13th September 2019 to Santiago. Happy days and Buen Camino.
Great time to start. You should have good weather for most of the walk. It will be busy, so plan your accommodations ahead. Beautiful time of year in north Spain, enjoy!

Hello. Will be starting from SJPdP on the 13th September 2019 to Santiago. Happy days and Buen Camino.

Oh yes, happy days, indeed! Two plus years ago I also started the CF in SJPP on September 19th and walked solo for six weeks, ending my journey in Santiago (Nov 4th). What started as a pure challenge to complete 500 miles, turned into a transformative experience that I think about every day. I wish you safe travels on your adventure.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
davebugg -- thanks for the heads-up about the Camino Calendar. Only been online for 3 months, novice user at best -- much left to learn. I've added my 14 Sept 2019 start.
Will be a day ahead of you. May cross paths. Enjoy and Buen Camino.

I start on Sept 18th. Doubt if I see you as I plan on getting to Santiago on 31 Oct.
II am doing short walking days to start and will than do about 25km a day and rest days. Enjoy your journey and buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well. I would like also start my peregrine on September a little early than you from Burgos, all the way to Santiago de Compostela. Hope I will finishing by the end of the month. Wish you a pleasant walk, bike or any thing else to achieved your commitment. Cheers

I too will be walking all of September. Wondering if I need warm clothes 🤔

Hi, cherirae. . .
Maybe this will give you an idea of what will work during your time on Camino. Below is a list of my "closet" that I carry in my pack. Besides it being used during September/October on the Camino last year, it is about the same as what I used to thru hike the Pacific Crest Trail and the Colorado Trail (most of which sits above 9,000 feet / 2743 meters in elevation. And for the thousands of other backpacking miles I have done.
  1. Pants -- REI, Classic Sahara Convertible, Zip-Off Legs
  2. Baselayer Top -- Smartwool, Lightweight, Long-Sleeve x 1
  3. Baselayer Bottom - Smartwool, Lightweight
  4. Hat - wool beanie
  5. Windshell Jacket - Patagonia, Houdini
  6. Insulating Layer -- Mountain Hardwear, Ghost Whisperer Vest
  7. Socks -- Smartwool Phd, Crew, Light Padding x 2
  8. Extra insoles x 1
  9. Poncho --- Zpacks, Cuben Fiber
  10. Gloves -- North Face, polartec
The total weight is around 3.4 pounds.

The clothing that I wear usually consists of running shorts and a long sleeved synthetic and lightweight shirt. All of the clothing can be used in various layering configurations to provide a comfort range from 25F to very hot. This is just an example of how a layering system can be flexible and cover a wide temperature range which is more than sufficient for the time of year you are going over the Pyrenees and Galicia.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Lua, I will also be starting my first Camino on September 13th. Hopefully we will meet!

Betty

Hello Lua, I will also be starting my first Camino on September 13th. Hopefully we will meet!

Betty
Hello Betty E. Yes, our paths may cross along the way. We will only be walking as far as Orrison on the 13th. This is my third time from SJPdP and always stop in Orrison. Ease into the walking. Will keep an eye out for you. Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back