• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sharing my Camino Frances App

gerryfletch

Time of past OR future Camino
May
Hello Pilgrims!

I was recommended to share my app over here by a couple of Redditors, and figured today is as good a day as any since I just released Android support, along with Booking.com and WhatsApp direct link booking.

Two weeks ago I finished my second ever Camino Frances, and due to visa restrictions, my partner and I had to book everything up front. Not super common - I know, but I found myself with a hundred Google tabs open, a spreadsheet, a calculator, and a couple of different Camino apps trying to figure out our plan of action, and found myself getting frustrated with the user experience, crashes, and often out-of-date data.

So, I made my own. Below is a brief run down of the features and what's to come next. To answer a few FAQs, I don't immediately plan on adding more routes, but I am looking at walking the Portuguese next year so that'll likely be next. For now the app is free, the 30% fee in the app stores makes it unappealing to sell. The majority of towns are included, but there are some smaller ones which are missing, which are quite important if you're trying to stay off-stage. I'm manually adding them 😄

Feature breakdown:
- Stage Timeline: Your planned stages. See the distance breakdown and intermediary stops as you take on each day.
- Map View: Filter down localities and accommodation to those which you have booked, 'follow me' option for while you're walking the trail
- Locality Handbook: Interesting historical information on every town
- Direct Link Booking: Where found, I have included a direct link to Booking.com. If the Google business number is also a WhatsApp number, you can open a conversation in one tap.
- Mark Accommodation Booked: It will then appear in your timeline and on the map.

Coming Soon:
- Elevation Profiles (this is looking really good atm, excited to get it published!)
- Route Graph (think London Underground style graph for every locality on the trail, searchable and tappable)

I would be hugely grateful if you could check the app out. I know that this is a competitive space already, so even a brief look would be awesome :) If you are happy with it, a review on the app store would mean the world to me 😃

Links:
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/camino-frances/id6449408666
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.caminoapp

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back