• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Shoes, shoes..

Tulle

Time of past OR future Camino
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
In 1999 and 2003 I walked from Astorga to Santiago. I had no big problems with my feet.The last five years I have been walking two weeks every year from Le Puy. In September I will walk from Astorga to Santiago again. The two last years I had problems with my ankles, first the right and then the left. I think the reason must be walking on much asphalt with shoes not suitable for asphalt, so I intend to buy new shoes. Some of you have recommended New Balance shoes, but what type of NB shoes? I suppose there is more asphalt now than in 1999 and 2003, so it must be shoes suitable also for asphalt.
I really look forward to walking the last distance again, and hopefully with healthy feet! When I come to Santiago I will celebrate my 70th birthday together with my walking companions.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I started off walking the Camino in New Balance All Terrain shoes 11 years ago but over the years I also started having a few problems with ankles. In 2006 I changed to Hi Tec Altitude V-Lite boots and they have been wonderful. They look more like a hiking shoe than a boot but they provide more ankle support than shoes.
Maybe its time for those ol' ankles to have some support!

Most read last week in this forum