• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost & Found Shoes taken in Puente La reina | UPDATE - shoes have been found

Vetzrah

Time of past OR future Camino
July 20th
Hello,

This is a message for the person who mistook my size 9 black and orange Solomon hiking shoes for their smaller green ones in Puerte La reina this morning. I’m going to be in Estella this afternoon so if you see this please respond and we can swap shoes, thanks!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not me, but so sorry! Can happen so easily! Learn from others NOW: tie shoelaces together, take out insoles, match shoes with partner's and tie them... anything to make them difficult to be mistaken. Put newspaper inside them... Please let us know if/ when you find your own!
oh janey mack! The colours are utterly different. Maybe it was very early in the morning...

Not me, but so sorry! Can happen so easily! Learn from others NOW: tie shoelaces together, take out insoles, match shoes with partner's and tie them... anything to make them difficult to be mistaken. Put newspaper inside them... Please let us know if/ when you find your own!
oh janey mack! The colours are utterly different. Maybe it was very early in the morning...
Yes it can be a "mistake" if early in the morning when still dark, but it can also be very deliberate. I usually place my boots on the highest shelf and have on occasion taken out the laces and inner soles (particularly the expensive "gel" ones. On one occasion I ignored the "leave outside" directive and placed them in a large plastic bag and tired them to my backpack. By European sizes I have very large feet and finding suitable replacements would be almost impossible.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Welp I had strapped the green shoes to the bottom of my pack but it seems I lost the right one at some point. I noticed just as I got to my hostel and then backtracked a couple km but can’t find it. Hiked 22 km in my shower shoes today so looks like I’ll be doing the next 25 days in them as well. It’s a shame because I got zero blisters with those shoes :( feeling like giving up

Don't give up. Are you near a shop where you could buy replacements? Not what you might choose to do but shower shoes won't work. See how you feel later. So sorry.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Yes it can be a "mistake" if early in the morning when still dark, but it can also be very deliberate. I usually place my boots on the highest shelf and have on occasion taken out the laces and inner soles (particularly the expensive "gel" ones. On one occasion I ignored the "leave outside" directive and placed them in a large plastic bag and tired them to my backpack. By European sizes I have very large feet and finding suitable replacements would be almost impossible.
I tie my boot laces together, remove my insoles, and, if the boots are on a rack, include the rack in a loop of the tying bit. Anyone who tries to borrow my boots (let's say by accident) is going to have more to contend with than they thought.

This actually works.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Try posting on the Facebook Camino groups if you haven’t already. I hope this story has a happy ending

Camino Provides. Never lose hope in some humans even if you do in Humankind!

....So... here is a thought (just to play a Devil's Advocate a little). As per suggestions... I took out the gels, and the laces and tied my shoes\boots together, and matched and stuffed with newspaper... and "you" did EXACTLY the same and it just happened that yours and mine are next to each other on the rack.
..lets make it even more interesting and say it happened in Logrono .. DARN that Calle Laurel and 1am crawl from tapas to bunk... and 5 am bleary-eyed departure...
Nothing could prevent that incidental picked up wrong pair thing, right?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
On one occasion I ignored the "leave outside" directive and placed them in a large plastic bag and tired them to my backpack.
This is what i do. But I usually have space in my rucksack after removing my sleeping gear, so i toss the shoes in a bag and the bag in the rucksack. Also tie to the rucksack to the bed/bunk.

Omg.. miraculously the person with my shoes came to my small hostel in Estella and gave them back, even though I lost one of theirs. I don’t know how they found me. They wouldn’t accept money. This is a big relief.. experienced a lot of emotions this day.
As many of us say - and believe - the Camino provides.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Try getting a replacement for Size 16 (USA size) shoes. That is why my sandals also are shower shoes.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back