• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SJPDP (28 Sep) --> Santiago

Dogbreath

Douglas Johnson, Indiana, USA
Time of past OR future Camino
Posting to get on the Calendar. I'm part of a quartet from Indianapolis, Indiana, United States. We depart the US Saturday 25 Sep for Madrid, find our way to SJPDP. We begin walking on Tuesday 28 Sep. Plan is to walk into Santiago de Compostela on Halloween, Sunday 31 Oct, and celebrate Mass in the Cathedral on All Saints Day, Monday 1 Nov. Depart from SdC Airport Tuesday 2 Nov. I did this route in Fall 2019 with so-so results (some physical issues the whole way), hoping for a more fulfilling experience this time. Two of the other three have done Sarria --> SdC, Spring 2019. My unofficial name for us is Team 264 -- that number being the sum of our ages. You can deduce that we are Senior Citizens! You might also make a valid conjecture that I was formerly a Math Teacher!

Thanks to the good folks on this Forum for answering my many questions without needing to create yet another new thread! Ivar -- You're doing a great job! HUZZAH! A particular shout-out to a fellow Forum contributor and APOC/HOTC member BrownCountyBob whom I've reached out to with several direct messages. We have, and will, hoist a frosty beverage or two together. He and his wife are enroute SJPDP as I write, making a soft entry to the walking biz (nightly stays in Madrid, Pamplona, and SJPDP). They begin their 4th Camino, all Frances, on Friday 17 Sep.

Gracias, All! Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Doug,
I’ll be 2 days behind Team 264 as I set out alone (Team 53!) from SJDP to Santiago on Thursday 30th September.
I’ve tried my best to add myself to the calendar but failed miserably so I’ll just wander along and take what comes my way.

My first Camino, excited and fearful in equal measure. Fully endose your word of thanks to Ivar as this forum is a lifesaver for new Camino pilgrims like me.

I wish you all well and maybe, our paths will cross. Buen camino.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hi Tonya,
we will meet then!
our way is coming soon 😘
Gosh! The Camino family continues!!!
I’m staying at Hotel Central the evening of Wednesday 29th September. I hope to arrive there mid afternoon on 29th and sort out my credentia. I’ll be starting early Thursday morning on 30th and hope to walk the Napoleon route to Roncesvalles. Great if we have the good fortune of crossing paths, otherwise, good luck to you and Tonya. May we all have the strength and determination to take each day as it comes! It’s my first Camino and I’m a little worried now! Buen camino!

Posting to get on the Calendar. I'm part of a quartet from Indianapolis, Indiana, United States. We depart the US Saturday 25 Sep for Madrid, find our way to SJPDP. We begin walking on Tuesday 28 Sep. Plan is to walk into Santiago de Compostela on Halloween, Sunday 31 Oct, and celebrate Mass in the Cathedral on All Saints Day, Monday 1 Nov. Depart from SdC Airport Tuesday 2 Nov. I did this route in Fall 2019 with so-so results (some physical issues the whole way), hoping for a more fulfilling experience this time. Two of the other three have done Sarria --> SdC, Spring 2019. My unofficial name for us is Team 264 -- that number being the sum of our ages. You can deduce that we are Senior Citizens! You might also make a valid conjecture that I was formerly a Math Teacher!

Thanks to the good folks on this Forum for answering my many questions without needing to create yet another new thread! Ivar -- You're doing a great job! HUZZAH! A particular shout-out to a fellow Forum contributor and APOC/HOTC member BrownCountyBob whom I've reached out to with several direct messages. We have, and will, hoist a frosty beverage or two together. He and his wife are enroute SJPDP as I write, making a soft entry to the walking biz (nightly stays in Madrid, Pamplona, and SJPDP). They begin their 4th Camino, all Frances, on Friday 17 Sep.

My wife and I are formerly from Indianapolis and are

My wife and I are originally from Indianapolis (and retired educator) and have similar plans. We travel from JFK to Madrid on September 25th and then train to Pamplona and taxi on to SJPDP to begin our Camino on the 28th. Hope to see you along the way. Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I start on 28th from SJPP, stopping in Orisson, then to Roncesvalles. Looking forward to our paths crossing along the way!
I'm late catching up on the Forum. We have two nights in SJPDP, at Hotel Central. Where are you staying? We'll be going on Napoleon route, all the way to Roncevalles on that brutal Day One, 28 Sep. I also see you're from SC; wife and I vacationed in Charleston in August. Y'all know that area?

My wife and I are formerly from Indianapolis and are

My wife and I are originally from Indianapolis (and retired educator) and have similar plans. We travel from JFK to Madrid on September 25th and then train to Pamplona and taxi on to SJPDP to begin our Camino on the 28th. Hope to see you along the way. Buen Camino!
Where are you staying in SJPDP? We fly DFW --> MAD on 25 Sep, catch a connecting flight a few hours later to Pamplona, then a shuttle to SJPDP. A Forced March of travel Sat/Sun. Two nights at Hotel Central, Monday being a rest day. There's a fair chance we'll meet -- MAD airport Sunday 26 Sep (I forget our arrival time, about 08:30) and/or PIlgrim's Office in SJPDP. For Indy-local ties, three of us are in Carmel, 4th north side. Lead person of our quartet is retired from Lilly. I changed careers to become a teacher (thru IUPUI program), 8 years at Brownsburg, then finished at Bishop Chatard (south Broad Ripple). And given where you now live, I've been on the AT a number of times + this spring four of us were on the GAP Pittsburgh --> Cumberland. Any overlap???? Buen Camino!

I’m staying at Hotel Central the evening of Wednesday 29th September. I hope to arrive there mid afternoon on 29th and sort out my credentia. I’ll be starting early Thursday morning on 30th and hope to walk the Napoleon route to Roncesvalles. Great if we have the good fortune of crossing paths, otherwise, good luck to you and Tonya. May we all have the strength and determination to take each day as it comes! It’s my first Camino and I’m a little worried now! Buen camino!
Buenos Dias! I'm late checking in with the Forum. We have two nights at the Hotel Central -- Monday a rest day after our very long and tiring travel from the US --> SJPDP Sat/Sun. Hotel was selected by the tour organizer we used. BrownCountyBob & wife have stayed there several times, he making their own arrangements (this is their 4th Camino, they are probably entering Burgos now); they are very complimentary about what Christine there does for her clients. We also are planning Napoleon route, all the way to Roncevalles on 28 Sep. Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Where are you staying in SJPDP? We fly DFW --> MAD on 25 Sep, catch a connecting flight a few hours later to Pamplona, then a shuttle to SJPDP. A Forced March of travel Sat/Sun. Two nights at Hotel Central, Monday being a rest day. There's a fair chance we'll meet -- MAD airport Sunday 26 Sep (I forget our arrival time, about 08:30) and/or PIlgrim's Office in SJPDP. For Indy-local ties, three of us are in Carmel, 4th north side. Lead person of our quartet is retired from Lilly. I changed careers to become a teacher (thru IUPUI program), 8 years at Brownsburg, then finished at Bishop Chatard (south Broad Ripple). And given where you now live, I've been on the AT a number of times + this spring four of us were on the GAP Pittsburgh --> Cumberland. Any overlap???? Buen Camino!
Hope to meet up with you. I retired from Pike and have many friends in Brownsburg and Carmel. My brother was formerly the pastor at St. Malachy. We have a direct flight from JFK to Madrid and arrive at 10:20 on the 26th. We then take the train to Pamplona and then spend the night at the Hotel Pamplona Plaza. On the 27th we have a taxi to SJPDP to begin our Camino with a leisurely day to Alburge Borda and then pick up the pace. This is my third Camino and always thoroughly enjoy the journey. Hope to see you and I will be the white haired guy who looksike Sherpa, carrying most of my wife's bag. Buen Camino.

😉 Hi, i am also arriving on 29th, and starting my first Camino on 30th. See ya. Buen Camino everyone!

Buena suerte Team 264! All your planning, preparation and research will soon pay off!

Cindi and I arrived in Belorado this afternoon. The weather this past week has been nice although we experienced very stong winds today. Two easy days then we arrive in Burgos Wednesday.

Pilgrim volume significantly reduced compared to prior caminos and many albergues, bars and restaurants are shuttered. Sad but not surprising.

Buen camino!

Bob and Cindi

We are in Hospital Orbigo and I'd agree with @BROWNCOUNTYBOB that numbers are down compared to my last trip in 2019.

I'm finding private albergues, casa rurales and most hotels still open, albeit with reduced capacity.

Always found a bar or cafe for coffee for our 2nd breakfast, not really been an issue, but yes, quite a few closed.

Lunch and dinner has not been a problem either.

But, I'm struggling to find availability on Booking .com most days. However, the Buen Camino app has saved my bacon on those days.

A great app.

I look fwd to hear more on your experience.
I'm planning for my first Camino in sept 2022

Safe travels! :)

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back