• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sleeping bag alternative?

Susan04046

Time of past OR future Camino
April may 2013
My husband and I are planning to walk the Camino Frances in April/May of 2013. Has anyone used an all weather space blanket instead of a sleeping bag? 12oz from grabberworld.com. These blankets seem to be versatile and inhospitable to bedbugs. Don't have zippers but duct tape will work. Thank you in advance.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Why not? As long as they are not the rustling variety !
My husband used something called a poncho liner from some army suppliers, and he found it good. It also didn't have zippers, which he liked as it was easier to adjust his temperature and it gave lots of leg room.
Buen camino

I suggest a simple sleeping bag, wide and light with zippers. a bag that you can open like a blanket.
Have you thought of sleeping in private albergues? more convinient, easy to reserve, better accomodations, theyahve dinners, gives you enough time to walk slowly and more mileage because you don't have to rush to the big albergues.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for your help. We live in Maine and started out to REI yesterday only to turn around due to snow. Was going to look at a Coleman Stratus fleece bag liner. Yes we will certainly consider the private albergues. The reservation feature is great. We are in our mid 60s and this is our first camino.

Susan,

Welcome to the Forum! You will find much
information in these various topics to help you plan your Camino. Past pilgrims are usually most eager to share their experiences and advice.

Be sure to check this special thread for us pilgrims aged
60 and over, >> frequently-asked-questions/topic12014.html/

Happy planning and Buen Camino to you both,

Margaret Meredith

Most read last week in this forum