• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

sleeping mat?

Ian Afloat

Time of past OR future Camino
CF July 25th 2017 from SJPDP
Hello,
Doing the CF in July/August. Is a sleeping mat going to be advisable or just a bulky paperweight? I realize that there might not be a consensus, bit I'm guessing this place has a good concentration who have actually done it rather than passing off something they read on the interweb as hard earned experience.

Ian

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I second that. You do not need a sleeping mat unless camping.

Ultreya,
Joe

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, what I meant to convey was that here is where I would expect more of a consensus than looking at other sources on t'internet.

Thank you for your responses, I shall dismiss a sleeping mat from m things on the edge of the edge of th things to take list.

I would expect more of a consensus than looking at other sources on t'internet.[sic]
Consensus and correctness are two different things, unless, perhaps, you have complete faith in the wisdom of crowds!!

Nonetheless, I agree with the two previous posts, a mat is unnecessary extra weight.

The one discarded item I see more of in the free boxes than any other item are sleeping mats.
And the pilgrims start discarding them in Roncesvalles.
Leave it at home.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum