• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Snowing in Santiago

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
..just came back from lunch and it was snowing in Santiago! ...after about 5 minutes it turned into rain...but still. I think it is the first time I have seen snow in Santiago old town.

Saludos,
Ivar

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Oh how I would love to see that! If it settles will you take some photos and post them?
Tracy

Hey! Will you look at that...I have just become a Veteran Poster! What a great Christmas Present.

I see that Jo has also reported snow in Astorga- and Reb has a blog post about it falling in Moratinos!!!
I am happy to report that the sky is a brilliant blue here this morning- and I am about to head out for a swim!!
Margaret

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Proper snow here in East Anglia this morning - maybe 4 or 5 inches. Not seen anything like this for years. Like when I was a child. Very pretty.

Which reminds me to worry and pray for the Copenhagen Summit!

B
x

well, quite! A Severe Weather Warning has been issued in London!

What do you think are my chances of being able to wear shorts and a t shirt going over O Cebreiro in 10 days time?

JohnnieWalker said:
What do you think are my chances of being able to wear shorts and a t shirt going over O Cebreiro in 10 days time?

I would imagine....not all that promising! A good tartan might be more in order!
Margaret

A selection of Camino Jewellery
JohnnieWalker said:

Quite possible with long johns under and goretex boots...
annie

PS while in London in November I didn´t have time to get in touch with the Secretary of CSJ, I will contact her later next year.

Course, will a bottle of Black Label tucked under aforementioned T-shirt you wouldn't really notice the difference!
Absolutely pouring with rain in Marbella.
T

Most read last week in this forum