• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

So much static in my sleeping bag - Help!!

Tumbleweed

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Hello all,

My beautiful new 600 fill down sleeping bag has so much static electricity :shock: in it. Is there a way to get it out? Can I spray it with static guard or toss it in the dryer with a bunch of anti static dryer sheets?

Thanks for any ideas,
Angela :?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The only way it is getting static is because its in a charged environment. Try standing on a floor without a rug. Or hang onto a metal water tap while handling the bag.

I would suggest the only detergents or chemicals that should EVER touch your down bag is woolite. The bag will last for years if you don't abuse it.

I am very static-y myself and use a spray called Statique - a good spray of it before you leave ({almost wet it and leave it to dry and air) should do the trick.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum