• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Somehwere to tether your donkey - in Bellebouche in Fance

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A charming blog about living in Bellebouche in Western France with pilgrims passing by.
But, is it on the Le Puy Route or the Via Turonensis?
And pilgrims, if you’re making your way through the gatine in Western France and are looking for a place to moor your Donkey overnight, don’t hesitate to ring the doorbell.
http://bellebouche.com/blog/?p=1701

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: Somehwere ... in Bellebouche on the Plantagenets Way

Hi,

This small hamlet is located (near Parthenay ; click HERE) on the Plantagenets Way (St James Route) starting in Mont-Saint-Michel to the Via Turonensis.

This route is described in two guides books (At the bottom of this post, a picture of two maps of these guides) : a first one in French (click HERE and HERE for more information) and another in English (click HERE)

The English guide book authors have described in two books what they have called the Three Saints Way (St Swithin, St Michael and St James) starting in Winchester -- through Mont-St-Michel -- to St-Jean-D'Angely on the Via Turonensis (click HERE) ...

... and I don't understand why so few English pilgrims walk on this "Three Saints Way" by which it's possible to reach St-Jean-d'Angély on the Via Turonensis. The distance is perhaps about 200 km shorter than by crossing the Channel at Dover.

Théo

Attachments

• bellebouche.jpg
    bellebouche.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,039

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back