• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spring or fall

Fatma

Time of past OR future Camino
CP
Hi all
Can someone advice me what season would be best to ealk the interior. I was thinking to hit the road in May but realized that most folks walked in fall season.
Any advices?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Fatma,
My impression is that this route is very solitary, I don't think you will find others during either season. Did you see something that suggested that a lot of people walk in the fall? I know that's when @gracethepilgrim walked (I assume you've seen her great write-up with lots of info -- if not, it's in the resources section), but I don't think she met anyone else. This looks like an absolutely lovely route -- I've been to a lot of the places it goes through, but never on foot. Definitely on my list, lucky you if you get to go soon! Buen camino, Laurie

I walked spring and fall and I will walked on the fall I enjoy much much more so my next camino will be late fall

zzotte

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked in Spring this year.

Here's the log.

http://camino.wificat.com/search?updated-max=2016-05-10T04:51:00+08:00&max-results=10&start=8&by-date=false

8-days. Scroll bottom to top, click on new posts until you hit the eighth day. Had a bit of wet weather and later strong wind when crossing the St. Adrian tunnel but nothing too serious.

As Laurie had said, quiet route. We only met one Spanish pilgrim. Was a very interesting experience. Love the food in the Basque, rustic and delicious.

So much so that we knew we had reached the crossing with Camino Frances when we saw a train of pilgrims, approx 12 meters apart in a beeline heading towards St. Dom. de la Calzada. Didn't fancy staying there as all the albergues were full (at 1 pm!). That it was the Saint's Day didn't help. We left by bus later in the evening on the same day, but not before we hunt down the city looking for a chicken place for lunch. (perfect ending for St. Dom).

Here's the log.

http://camino.wificat.com/search?updated-max=2016-05-10T04:51:00+08:00&max-results=10&start=8&by-date=false

8-days. Scroll bottom to top, click on new posts until you hit the eighth day. Had a bit of wet weather and later strong wind when crossing the St. Adrian tunnel but nothing too serious.

As Laurie had said, quiet route. We only met one Spanish pilgrim. Was a very interesting experience. Love the food in the Basque, rustic and delicious.

So much so that we knew we had reached the crossing with Camino Frances when we saw a train of pilgrims, approx 12 meters apart in a beeline heading towards St. Dom. de la Calzada. Didn't fancy staying there as all the albergues were full (at 1 pm!). That it was the Saint's Day didn't help. We left by bus later in the evening on the same day, but not before we hunt down the city looking for a chicken place for lunch. (perfect ending for St. Dom).
In my opinion you are on the wrong forum.
The OP is talking about the caminho Português and then the special route of the CP Interiór which runs from Farminhão (nearby Coimbra) via Viseu, Lamego and Chaves to Ourense where it hits th Via de la Plata . Both your route and this one at the east side are about 800 kms away from each other. I agree with you the Basque area is beautiful and the food is delicious.
Bom caminho and happy newyear

Here's the log.

This is not on the Portuguese Central route.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Here's the likely explanation for the confusion -- Evan walked the Vasco INTERIOR route, and the OP is looking to walk the Portuguese INTERIOR route. Though the two routes are hundreds of kms apart, they seem to share the same absence of pilgrims, though I'll bet there are more on the Vasco Interior than the Portuguese Interior.

That's what I said !
Maybe I had not gotten to your post when I responded. Boy would this forum have few posts if people didn't repeat what has already been said or if we stuck to the actual question and didn't go off on a tangent. ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back