This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

stamps, or lack thereof

constanttrek

Feb 8, 2010
Just a quick note to say that I've been questioned the last couple of days by hospitaleros regarding my lack of stamps, despite having walked from the coast up to Merida (am currently in between Merida and Caceres). Basically there aren't albergues to mention along the Mozarabe route, and I never bothered asking hostales to stamp my credenciale. On a couple of occasions ayuntamientos were open when I passed, and I popped in and got a stamp - but it wasn't a priority for me. The hospitalero today was fairly convinced that I'd taken a bus, particularly because I arrived early. Although we managed to reach a good and amicable understanding, to avoid such pointless discussions, it might be worth getting the hostales/hotels you stay at on the way to stamp and date your credenciale. I am sure it is a one off kind of situation and I simply wasn't bothered about whether I had a credenciale full of stamps or not, but I can imagine it could be awkward if there was a big demand for places or something.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
www.caminosantiago2.blogspot.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I'm also pretty sure there is a number of stamps required in order to get your Compostela.
You can also often get stamps in markets, bars, and other businesses along The Way.
Plus it's just a sweet remembrance of the walk for me...

Hola - I'm glad you reached an understanding but it isn't a one off I'm afraid. Hospitaleros will always try to prioritise walking pilgrims who have travelled some distance to the albergue. Sellos are the only way they have of knowing for sure. A surprising amount of people use the albergue system for cheap accommodation and park their car at some distance.

Apart from all of that collecting sellos is part of the fun and really good way of remembering your camino.

John

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum