• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Start date May 16 from SJPDP (for calendar entry)

introspective

Time of past OR future Camino
May and June of 2015 is my plan
Thank you to all for support in the informative, light hearted, rational, and whimsical posts that have helped me get organized and commit to walking the Camino.

I will begin walking from SJPDP on May 16. My present home is Florida (grandchildren live there, a powerful magnet) although at heart I am still from California. I would like to complete around June 28, "God willing and the creek don't rise" as we sometimes say.

Buen camino!

Pat

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you to all for support in the informative, light hearted, rational, and whimsical posts that have helped me get organized and commit to walking the Camino.

I will begin walking from SJPDP on May 16. My present home is Florida (grandchildren live there, a powerful magnet) although at heart I am still from California. I would like to complete around June 28, "God willing and the creek don't rise" as we sometimes say.

Buen camino!

Pat
Hy Pat , I wish you happy planning and a Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are starting on the same day. See you on the trail!
Hi, Angela, will you spend the previous night in SJPDP or will you arrive there and begin hiking immediately? I'll be at Beilari that previous night.
You say we, so how many are you? I'm solo ... unless a California friend who hopes to join me makes it. But they say no one walks the Camino alone. :) Sharing your joy in planning and anticipating! Pat

I said "we" meaning you and me. I'm traveling solo. I'll be at Beilari in St. Jean for 2 nights (14 and 15) to help with jet lag before walking. See you there!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I said "we" meaning you and me. I'm traveling solo. I'll be at Beilari in St. Jean for 2 nights (14 and 15) to help with jet lag before walking. See you there!

Delight! Will you walk the first day all the way to Roncesvalles? I'm stopping at Orisson, that's what caution looks like on me.

On another note, I have fond memories of visits to Victoria, as I have a relative with a home on Orcas Island.

I'm booked at Orisson for May 16. There's no way I'm going all the way to Roncesvalles in one go! I think that first day is going to be hard enough. I'm currently doing long walks and have built up to 3.5 hours, and my feet are feelin' it!

I'm booked at Orisson for May 16. There's no way I'm going all the way to Roncesvalles in one go! I think that first day is going to be hard enough. I'm currently doing long walks and have built up to 3.5 hours, and my feet are feelin' it!
I'm walking, but just doing two hours at this point. I recently visited a podiatrist to inquire whether he thought a custom orthotic would be useful to me (I do get tendonitis sometimes and suspected I needed a good mechanic) and now I'm waiting for the orthotics to arrive before I go past the two hours. Enjoying getting stuff together and soaking up Camino posts like a sponge.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hmmm. Yes, I'm definitely walking slower than usual as my mileage increases, and plan to take it very easy in the first couple of weeks on the Camino. I'm also enjoying all the planning. I find searching for Camino info on internet to be addicting, don't you? There are never enough packing lists :)

I leave also on 16 May and booked at Orisson. Just to get an easy start :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I will arrive the 15th and stay in Hotel Ramuntcho, enjoy the morning of the 16 in SJPP and have a nice afternoon walk to Orisson. Seems a nice to start for the 800km.
See you there Angela and Pat

We also start from SJPP on the 16th, arriving there from Bayonne the day before. I am both apprehensive and excited. We will need to walk 15 miles or so each day so my training reaches its peak this month. Maybe we will see you on day one? I'm hoping the mountain path will be open. You never know with the mountain weather :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for your note, KtBoo, I look forward to seeing you there. Yes, I hope the mountain path will be open. I just read your thread question and the responses and am feeling normal to be somewhat anxious, thanks for that. I have walked up to 17 miles in a day, but then needed recovery time. I have walked four days consecutively with 8 or more miles each day which was more successful. So onward to longer distances and strength for consistency!

Buen Camino to all in this thread. I start my Camino 15th May from StJ, and will hope to make Roncesvalles by time it gets dark. Weather will decide Napoleon or Valcarlos route...enjoy your experiences from Peter

Buen Camino to all in this thread. I start my Camino 15th May from StJ, and will hope to make Roncesvalles by time it gets dark. Weather will decide Napoleon or Valcarlos route...enjoy your experiences from Peter
Might meet you along the way. We are arriving in Estella 19th May and staying in the Albergue Juvenil Oncineda. Starting to walk on the 20th for a week( myself and 3 sisters)
Buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Buen camino!

Pat
Pat, my wife and I are on the same schedule as you - almost - leaving from (Pamplona on the 16th of May) - from Austin, Texas. Maybe we will meet - God willing!
Gary

Hi everyone!
I am also starting from SJPDP on 16th may on my own, so nice to hear others are too!
I will be arriving in SJPDP at around 19:00 and I havent booked any accommodation yet - do you think it would be wise to or not?
I'm starting to feel like I haven't planned well enough :eek:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi everyone!... I will be arriving in SJPDP at around 19:00 and I havent booked any accommodation yet - do you think it would be wise to or not?...

Yes, you should! And perhaps also the next night, if you plan to cut that stage in two, in Orisson, but after that - freedom and going with the flow! Buen Camino! SY

Hi SY!
Thanks for your reply, I'm now starting to panic slightly as every hostel I look at in SJPDP is full for the 15th :O
I will really have to pull my finger out and get it sorted asap!
Thank you for your advice :)

Stop panicking! The pilgrims office, which will be still open at 19:00!, will have a list of available beds for that night! Buen Camino! SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm on track to be in Bordeaux Thursday also, as well as SJPP on Friday, and on the Camino Saturday. I'll be looking for you. :)

If I see a big white question mark walking around, I know it's you Introspective :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen Camino and good luck to all you fellow mid-May/June walkers. I can't believe how excited we are, nearly packed, 3 sleeps to go before we leave and this time next week will have finished our first day. I look forward to our paths crossing if it is meant to be!

Saturday 16th, wow, I'm getting so excited now! Hopefully I'll see some of you in SJPDP on Friday night, I don't arrive until 19.00ish so if you see a lost pilgrim wandering around looking for a place to stay, give me a wave!!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Quick tip, just thought of it today, write down some telephone numbers. If I would loose my smartphone or it would die on me, I would not be able to Phone anybody because I don't have numbers in my head.
They are all in my extended memory (the Phone)
How about you?
Buen Camino ( 2 days to go!)

Arrived today in SJPP, found first forum member but no big white questionmark. rain for tomorrow so poncho's on! Buen Camino

Hey p.saffrie, I just arrived tonight too!
Are you ready for an early start and lots of rain?!?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.