• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Brussels

Yava

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer 2023
Hello!
I am planning on doing my Camino this summer. I would like to start from Brussels but I find it difficult finding any resources online regarding the route from Brussels to Paris. This route (starting in Amsterdam) doesn't seem to be an "official" route anymore since it isn't featured on any of the websites. Has anyone here done it? I am unsure about how to navigate the route since I can't find any physical maps that I could purchase. I can't find information about accomodation along the journey either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome, @Yava! Excellent website for Camino trails for pilgrims starting from Brussels (in Dutch) for Belgium as well as for the ways from the Belgian-French border to Paris:

Do you actually live in or near Brussels? They have an information office in Mechelen which is easy to reach, and I am pretty confident that volunteers speak English (limited opening hours). Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Welcome, @Yava! Excellent website for Camino trails for pilgrims starting from Brussels (in Dutch) for Belgium as well as for the ways from the Belgian-French border to Paris:

Do you actually live in or near Brussels? They have an information office in Mechelen which is easy to reach, and I am pretty confident that volunteers speak English (limited opening hours). Buen Camino!
Thank you! I am an expat living in Brussels. I do not speak Dutch but I do speak some French and in my experience people speak good English here. I will check out the office, thanks for the tip.

A few years ago, Galicia had a mojón installed in Brussels. Mojones are the typical Camino way markers in Galicia. The distance on land is some 1800 km, I think, or 3 months on foot.
There is one on the Kumano Kodo in Japan. The distance on it is 10,775km. Brought a huge smile to my face when I saw it!

IMG_20180329_122604.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello!
I am planning on doing my Camino this summer. I would like to start from Brussels but I find it difficult finding any resources online regarding the route from Brussels to Paris. This route (starting in Amsterdam) doesn't seem to be an "official" route anymore since it isn't featured on any of the websites. Has anyone here done it? I am unsure about how to navigate the route since I can't find any physical maps that I could purchase. I can't find information about accomodation along the journey either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
We did this in 2015 and I can tell you where we stayed. Of course a lot may have changed between then and now. I'll start by giving you this name and number

Pascal du Chene, chairman of Fr Belgian Association 0032 – 65623479 dychbona@hotmail.com pascal du chene ph daytime mob nr 0032 479 982563 //// will help if need be

This link may be of help to you as well -

We stayed in Brussels - Nivelles - Roeulx - Maubeuge - Avesnes sur Helpe - Bohain en Vermandois - St Quentin - Berlancourt - Chiry Ourscamp - Compiegne - Fleurines - Chaumontel - Sarcelles - Paris

You will just have to be creative in looking for places to stay i.e. Chambre d'habitant, Airbnb, Hostels, Roomlala, Cheap hotels like Premiere Classe, Hotel N, Ibis etc.
Compiegne has a pilgrims hostel

Your route will be the GR655.
I hope this is of some help to you. When you decide to take an alternative route it usually takes a bit more preparation indeed

Buen camino

We did this in 2015 and I can tell you where we stayed. Of course a lot may have changed between then and now. I'll start by giving you this name and number

Pascal du Chene, chairman of Fr Belgian Association 0032 – 65623479 dychbona@hotmail.com pascal du chene ph daytime mob nr 0032 479 982563 //// will help if need be

This link may be of help to you as well -

We stayed in Brussels - Nivelles - Roeulx - Maubeuge - Avesnes sur Helpe - Bohain en Vermandois - St Quentin - Berlancourt - Chiry Ourscamp - Compiegne - Fleurines - Chaumontel - Sarcelles - Paris

You will just have to be creative in looking for places to stay i.e. Chambre d'habitant, Airbnb, Hostels, Roomlala, Cheap hotels like Premiere Classe, Hotel N, Ibis etc.
Compiegne has a pilgrims hostel

Your route will be the GR655.
I hope this is of some help to you. When you decide to take an alternative route it usually takes a bit more preparation indeed

Buen camino
Thank you so much!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Pascal du Chene, chairman of Fr Belgian Association
That is the main French language Camino association in Belgium, isn’t it? They, too, have a website and they are on Facebook:

PS: I see on their website that they have info sessions for future pilgrims on every first Thursday of the month in Brussels (1090 Bruxelles - Jette).

Tous les "1er jeudi" de chaque mois, les membres de l’Association sont heureux d’accueillir à la salle Excelsior, 8, rue de l’Eglise Saint-Pierre à 1090 Jette les candidats-pèlerins qui désirent s’informer et/ou compléter leur information sur le pèlerinage vers Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle

PS: I see on their website that they have info sessions for future pilgrims on every first Thursday of the month in Brussels (1090 Bruxelles - Jette).

Tous les "1er jeudi" de chaque mois, les membres de l’Association sont heureux d’accueillir à la salle Excelsior, 8, rue de l’Eglise Saint-Pierre à 1090 Jette les candidats-pèlerins qui désirent s’informer et/ou compléter leur information sur le pèlerinage vers Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle
Interesting, thank you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anyone got information on the hospice (not the auberge) a Great Saint Bernard Pass? I've read their website, and I'd appreciate insights as to how comfortable it is, quality of the food, etc...
Can't get into the official Via Francigena site. I've used it for years, but today all I get when I try to enter it is 'File not found". For example, if I enter...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.