• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Pamplona tomorrow March 20, 2022, advice

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can you get a credential . Allowed to stay in albergue ?
Yes, there are several places where you can get a credential, including the pilgrim store Caminoteca.

And you will be able to stay in an albergue.
Shipping office to Santiago ?

Use Correos, the Spanish post office. Information in the link below.

I am in Barcelona tonight . Taking train to Pamplona in the morning . From what I can see , there is a pilgrim office in Pamplona . Can you get a credential . Allowed to stay in albergue ? Shipping office to Santiago ? It looks like this is so , is it so ?
Ultreya
Moondance

Take lots of pictures.

See everything.

Laugh, cry, rejoice with fellow pilgrims.

Buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I started in Pamplona Sept 22,2017 and it took me 43 days to get to Santiago de Compostela. I am old and slow, and struggled very very much the first ten days and then it just changed and got a little easier for me. One of the best things I have done in my life. Have A Blast!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 0C5C5DF9-92E9-4CC4-A796-3CD3A30AE64D.jpeg
    0C5C5DF9-92E9-4CC4-A796-3CD3A30AE64D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
Thank you so much peregrinos . I have been trying to do this for twenty years . I made a vow to my sister , who died that I would make this walk . I am 61 years old and I am turning over my will and my life to a power much greater than myself . I do not know what that means . I have been praying and laughing and just being goofy . Been Camino.

I two weeks you will be wondering what all your worries were for… You are starting on a grand adventure - congratulations on getting to this point and know that you have a lot of love and support and friends you don’t yet know ahead.

Visit the cathedral, explain your are just starting, and they can help you get a credential, a tour, and to attend the evening blessing. Stay at the Jesus and Maria albergue and tell them you are just beginning - the hospitaleros and fellow pilgrims will be fonts of knowledge.

More importantly: walk and enjoy the day. You’ve got this. And the Camino has you. Trust in it. Buen Camino

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you again for all the kindness . Don’t know ? Let it flow. I feel like I am doing everything wrong . I tried to pack simpatico , but it feels like I have too much . I will gladly donate or give anything away for free , if a serious peregrino tells me so.

Thank you again for all the kindness . Don’t know ? Let it flow. I feel like I am doing everything wrong . I tried to pack simpatico , but it feels like I have too much . I will gladly donate or give anything away for free , if a serious peregrino tells me so.
See how you go for the first few days and if you still feel the same post some stuff to Santiago with Correos or to Casa Ivar for collection in Santiago, maybe from Estella. In 2014 when we walked our first CF we posted stuff to Santiago twice, once from Estella Correos and from Fromista Correos!
We realised we had too much weight and things we didn’t need!!
Buen Camino for March 20th.

I started in Pamplona Sept 22,2017 and it took me 43 days to get to Santiago de Compostela. I am old and slow, and struggled very very much the first ten days and then it just changed and got a little easier for me. One of the best things I have done in my life. Have A Blast!!!!!!!
That's me too - wonderful and profound experience. Be sure to enjoy Pamplona, it's a beautiful city.
One more thing, consider busing to the outskirt of the city - it's pretty, but a bit of a slog getting through the city, and you will need your energy for the uphill. There is a nice alberge at the midway point of this stage. Since this is your first day, you may want to break it up

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Moondance,
Different language groups have rooms in the pilgrim office where you can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and chat with pilgrims who speak your language.. Do come up to room 6 where Camino Companions welcome English speaking pilgrims. There is also a Mass in English in the pilgrim Office at 9.30. I expect to be there from April 24.
I was 63 when I first started in Roncesvalles, I heard about the Camino 20 years previously but was not able to come until 2007
Enjoy the Camino, take care of your feet, if they get sweaty take off your shoes and socks and let them dry for a while. Walk at your own pace. Never ever try to walk faster than your body is happy with, it will wreck you. Hope to see you in Santiago. Buen Camino

Last edited:
Overwhelmed Pilgrim.
sorry I feel completely over matched . Am still in Pamplona .
it seems I brought all the wrong gear including back pack . I have my I pad . Is this all wrong ? I am tormented by thoughts of returning home . There is no way I can walk with a small suitcase . Can you send it ahead to Santiago ?
I forgot to bring a towel . I cannot find pilgrim office in Santiago . Is it near cathedral ?
Any suggestions would be grateful.
Moondance
Mark

Overwhelmed Pilgrim.
sorry I feel completely over matched . Am still in Pamplona .
it seems I brought all the wrong gear including back pack . I have my I pad . Is this all wrong ? I am tormented by thoughts of returning home . There is no way I can walk with a small suitcase . Can you send it ahead to Santiago ?
I forgot to bring a towel . I cannot find pilgrim office in Santiago . Is it near cathedral ?
Any suggestions would be grateful.
Moondance
Mark

You can send a small suitcase to Santiago using the Spanish post office.
Or you can have it transferred daily to your next stop.
Information here

As far as buying a towel or other suitable gear you can go to Caminoteca in Pamplona

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back