• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Sevilla on the 21st March 2024

Miaka

Time of past OR future Camino
Next: VdLP 2024
I know probably starting just before Semana Santa is not the best choice, but I figured I will be in smaller towns for most of the SS and only arrive in Merida on the Saturday before Easter so I am kind of safe.

Is anyone else leaving around that time? I am getting excited about my trip, looking at books and apps, reading a lot about what people advice. Fingers crossed for not too much rain. Semana Santa is bothering me a bit because I will be going into Zafra and Merida during it and from what I see most of the albergues are municipal so I assume I cannot book, but I guess I will have to see once I am there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You'll be fine in Zafra and Merida. Both have albergues which are reserved for pilgrims.

The albergue in Zafra is great. Pilgrims only so should have plenty of room.
Mérida was problematic for me. The albergue was closed for the night I arrived due to ‘family demands’ and it was a Saturday night and there was some sort of event on and it’s a popular tourist town!!!
It took quite a me a while to find a bed but I eventually stayed at the Hostal Aquiducta Los Milagros which was perfect. I ended up staying two nights and resting up for the next leg of the journey.
I read someone else had the same experience of the Merida Albergue being closed for the one night they were in town - so in that case, I would probably ring up to confirm or take advantage of a night or two in a hostel as Merida has absolutely stunning Roman ruins.
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You'll be fine in Zafra and Merida. Both have albergues which are reserved for pilgrims.
Good to know, thank you!
My fear was that i heard a lot of people use SS for doing a bit of the camino, but I kinda assumed as it will be towards the end (Saturday before Easter) that I arrive in Merida that I should be fine. Thanks for the reassurance!

The albergue was closed for the night I arrived due to ‘family demands’ and it was a Saturday night and there was some sort of event on and it’s a popular tourist town!!!
It took quite a me a while to find a bed but I eventually stayed at the Hostal Aquiducta Los Milagros which was perfect. I ended up staying two nights and resting up for the next leg of the journey.
This is really good information, thank you! I will make a note to remember to call ahead to check if they will be open and also I well mentally prepare myself for trying to find alternate accommodation haha Fortunately it's a short day so I will have ample amount of time

I am starting in Sevilla on march 20. so we may meet on the way.
I have booket acomodation in Merida for the easter weekend to be sure.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am starting in Sevilla on march 20. so we may meet on the way.
Oh, I am arriving on the 20th and leaving the 21st but I do plan to take some longer days so I might catch up to you! Would be great to meet on the camino ^^

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back