• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting From Sjpdp Tues 11/04/17

andy1988andy

Time of past OR future Camino
1 week of the Frances 10/04/17 - 17/04-17
Hi all.
I am due to start walking on Tuesday. Im flying in to Biarritz around 21:00 on Mon 10/04/17. I have booked a cheap hotel next to the airport for that first night, its a triple room for just me so far, so could potentially welcome others to chip in and stay that night too. And then my plan is to get to Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port as early as possible on Tuesday morning.
Am I right in thinking the trains dont start that early?
If anyone else is heading the same way early on Tuesday 11/04/17, we could share a taxi to make the most of the days walking. Let me know if you have similar plans.

Andy

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
For train schedules, see the SNCF webpage.
I recommend a brief walk to Bayonne downtown and the cathedral. You cross the bridge, see a square, and follow the pedestrian street. It is a ten minutes walk from the train station. It is a lovely city.
And did I say that Bayonne is proud to be the chocolate capital of France?
buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum