• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from SJPP April 15th

AMR

Time of past OR future Camino
Muxia and Finsterre Sept 2017
Camino del Norte (part) Sept 2018
Camino Frances from SJPP April 2020
Greetings, fellow pilgrims! Longtime reader, first time poster. Much appreciation to all for the wisdom and welcome so generously shared on this Forum. After postponements experienced by many, I will now begin the Camino Frances from SJPP on April 15th. One part of me still can't believe that this is really happening. Another part feels such peace and gratitude for whatever unfolds. Details of travel and transport are arranged, and I accept that my preparation of mind/body/spirit is as it is and will hold me as I move forth, open to what will.

I do have two questions. I really want to go to the octagonal Church of St. Mary of Eunate, which I think is about 5 km from Puenta de la Reina. Are there markings on the Camino route that show how to get there, or do I need to Google map it from the Camino? Also, I’ll arrive in Santiago on May 22nd and plan to stay for a few days (wiggle room!) before flying back to US. How far in advance do I need to buy tickets to tour the Cathedral? I know I can enter when open to worship, but also want to visit the museum and tour.

Thank you again for all your advice and stories, and most importantly for holding the Camino spirit. Maybe I’ll meet some of you along the way!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Welcome to the forum @AMR. Happy you will finally get to walk your Camino.

There is a turnoff for Eunate in Muruzábal, here is a recent thread. It will add a total of about 4-5 km to the day’s walk.

I think the hours on the website I link to are up to date, but it always is a good idea to check if you can before you walk there. Though I will say, even if the church is closed, the outside is beautiful and the setting very peaceful.

As far as visiting the cathedral, you have lots of options. The rooftop tour and the PĂłrtico de la Gloria are the two I loved the most.

I would buy them online before getting to Santiago. Not sure how much advance notice is a good idea, but the website seems to only open up for a few months ahead anyway.

Looks like you can only buy tickets through May now, and none of the days are sold out, so I would think a couple of days in advance is fine.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back