• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Lisbon around october 8

Fred2a

Time of past OR future Camino
Port. Lisbon 21
Port. interior 22
VDLP 24
Hi,
I’ve been following your community for quite a long time, which helped a lot during these covid times. Brought hope and a goal to focus on.
I’m french, from Corsica, 50 years old and long time walker/trekker but this is my first Camino.
My flight is booked and I plan a start on october 8 or 9 from Lisbon. I could change my dates according to the covid situation but so far it’s look ok.
I can’t wait !!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you like walking and seeing new things you’ll enjoy this Camino. I did the Portuguese in 2019. It was my second. Very different to the Frances but a unique experience all the same. I’d be there in a jiff if I could get out. Australia! Lisbon and Porto are fascinating cities and I loved the towns in between. Some other great small cities en route. Visualising them now as I write this. Well, lucky you Fred. Your first Camino eh? Bet my bottom dollar others will follow 😊. May the walk and the pilgrimage illuminate each one of your 50 French years and give you cause to look forward to the next 50 to do many more.

Last edited:
Hi,
I’ve been following your community for quite a long time, which helped a lot during these covid times. Brought hope and a goal to focus on.
I’m french, from Corsica, 50 years old and long time walker/trekker but this is my first Camino.
My flight is booked and I plan a start on october 8 or 9 from Lisbon. I could change my dates according to the covid situation but so far it’s look ok.
I can’t wait !!
Hi, I’m flying to Lisbon from Montreal on Oct 7th, starting to walk Oct 9th…..je ne parle pas Le Frances mais je comprends beaucoup. Je parle l’espagnol très bien mais je comprende beaucoup de Portuguesa. If you wish to communicate with me about starting on oct 9th I sent you a private message and we could write about walking /sleeping plans.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It is a wonderful camino and you will not meet better people anywhere then the Portuguese people. There are some wonderful towns and cities to pass through and choices on routes. If you have the time you could cut off to walk to Fatima and then get back walking from Fatima to Tomar. Then in Porto you have the choice of staying on the Central route or walking on the coast. Then you have the option of walking the Spiritual Variant. There is alot of information regarding all the choices here. These aren't even all your choices I know there are some more :)
I walked the Central Route from Lisbon in 2017.
I will go from Faro in a year or two. This time I will walk to Lisbon and on to Fatima/Tomar and then walk the Coastal Route to the Spiritual Variant then on to Santiago.
You will have fun. Good food, nice people. It may still be kind of hot so have a hat and sunscreen. Leaving Lisbon much of the time you will have no protection from the sun.

It is a wonderful camino and you will not meet better people anywhere then the Portuguese people. There are some wonderful towns and cities to pass through and choices on routes. If you have the time you could cut off to walk to Fatima and then get back walking from Fatima to Tomar. Then in Porto you have the choice of staying on the Central route or walking on the coast. Then you have the option of walking the Spiritual Variant. There is alot of information regarding all the choices here. These aren't even all your choices I know there are some more :)
I will go from Faro in a year or two. This time I will walk to Lisbon and on to Fatima/Tomar and then walk the Coastal Route to the Spiritual Variant then on to Santiago.
You will have fun. Good food, nice people. It may still be kind of hot so have a hat and sunscreen. Leaving Lisbon much of the time you will have no protection from the sun.
I’m definitely looking forward to all that you describe and bring open to taking routes as the covid situation permits. I will return from santiago to Lisbon some on foot on the route(a) I ended up not taking going to Santiago.

If you like walking and seeing new things you’ll enjoy this Camino. I did the Portuguese in 2019. It was my second. Very different to the Frances but a unique experience all the same. I’d be there in a jiff if I could get out. Australia! Lisbon and Porto are fascinating cities and I loved the towns in between. Some other great small cities en route. Visualising them now as I write this. Well, lucky you Fred. Your first Camino eh? Bet my bottom dollar others will follow 😊. May the walk and the pilgrimage illuminate each one of your 50 French years and give you cause to look forward to the next 50 to do many more.
Thank you Lexicos for your kind message.
I will try to post a few messages on the way to give hope to pilgrims stuck at home. By experience, I know it works !

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I’m flying to Lisbon from Montreal on Oct 7th, starting to walk Oct 9th…..je ne parle pas Le Frances mais je comprends beaucoup. Je parle l’espagnol très bien mais je comprende beaucoup de Portuguesa. If you wish to communicate with me about starting on oct 9th I sent you a private message and we could write about walking /sleeping plans.
Hi Colette,
Thank you for your answer.
Ok, I contact you in private.

Hi it56ny,
Thank you for the tips.
I think I will walk the central route but could change my plans anytime.
I chose the Portugues over the Frances for the very same reasons you mentioned, plus the fact it is less crowded, knowing that implies more road walking.
Won’t forget my hat !

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back