• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Sarria July 23rd 2014

Am travelling from the UK to Santiago then bus to Lugo and bus to Sarria, walking for 6 days ending back in Santiago... Bit of a mental de-cluttering exercise and hoping that when I return I will have more mental strength to overcome the silliest things that usually make all my clocks stop..! Any other pilgrims on the same route please stop and say Hi..! We are 2 females only just on the right side of 50 looking forward to meeting you all..! Buen Camino..!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Am travelling from the UK to Santiago then bus to Lugo and bus to Sarria, walking for 6 days ending back in Santiago... Bit of a mental de-cluttering exercise and hoping that when I return I will have more mental strength to overcome the silliest things that usually make all my clocks stop..! Any other pilgrims on the same route please stop and say Hi..! We are 2 females only just on the right side of 50 looking forward to meeting you all..! Buen Camino..!
I am doing the same in October...are you obtaining the bus tickets in advance or waiting until you arrive in Santiago?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wishing you a great trip.
Last year only having a week available off work, I did the same route as you have planned but a month earlier. Everything went well with the bus from the airport to Lugo and then on to Sarria. The arrival time in Sarria gives plenty of time after booking into accommodation to explore and to obtain a credential for the trip.
I had a good start meeting 8 fellow walkers in the bar that evening, six Brits, one Canadian and one Irish, a great evening considering we were strangers to each other
Once you have walked on the Camino you will be hooked, I am and will be there again this year, mid June just after my birthday now the wrong side of 60!

All the best, Buen Camino

Cheers Alan... Our packs are packed ready to go. Am doing 10k about 3 times a week with my pack and hope to build up gradually to 25k twice a week so it's not too much of a shock when I get there..!

I admire your training schedule it sounds like a good preparation. I did a similar buildup but in pushing it too hard at the start I still managed to develop a couple of blisters day 2, it did not cause any lack of enthusiasm and I had first aid to treat it.
After the walking, the scenery and the people I met the pilgrim service at Santiago made it all worth while
Have a great time
Alan S

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back