• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Toulouse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

skalaerr

Hello

I walked 500km of the Camino last summer (starting in Burgos) and now I would like to start in France and walk to Burgos (walk for 3 weeks). Can I start in Toulouse and are there refugios from there to SJPP?

Thank you for your response or any suggestions (o:

cheers
sarah

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
yup !! you can walk from toulouse i dont know the name of the route.but my cousin did it 2 years ago toulouse to santiago
get to lourdre from toulouse and then get on VOIE DU PIEDMONT!! it about 6-7days to stjpdp!

here the site for voie du piedmont
the Gités (auberge) r more $$$ about 10euros a night

http://vppyr.free.fr/vpp-index-etapes.php3

i should be on that route march 29 from lourdre to stjpdp to santiago!

Starting in Toulouse

Toulouse is on one of the four traditional routes through France, known as "The Arles Route" or the "Via Tolosana". There is a C.S.J. Guide "4. Arles to Puente la Reina" and also a French Guide "Le Chemin d'Arles".
There is some accommodation specially for pilgrims or walkers, but in places one has to rely on hotels or bed and breakfast. The route goes over the Pyrenees by the Somport Pass and down into the valley of the Aragon. Well worth walking.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I found that the CSJ guide needed updating in 2005-- you may wish to check on their website to see if updates have been provided. An Australian I met could not find any accommodation in Pibrac (the first day out of Toulouse)-- I started from Pibrac, having taken a taxi there (24E) from the airport. One problem I found is that the waymarkings are not always clear and you should be prepared for extra time to find your direction.

There is very little Camino-specific accommodation or albergues as there is in Spain, but the French are great hikers and there are a number of gites. However, I found myself relying on small hotels a great deal of the time.

There are not a lot of pilgrims on this route, but the people are extremely friendly and helpful, and I found much support from locals along the way.

Hello

I walked 500km of the Camino last summer (starting in Burgos) and now I would like to start in France and walk to Burgos (walk for 3 weeks). Can I start in Toulouse and are there refugios from there to SJPP?

Thank you for your response or any suggestions (o:

cheers
sarah
I will be walking that route as well the end of March to SJPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back