• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting mt first camino in SJPP on 30/9/15

ChrisC

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - plan to walk this September 2015
Hello my name is Christine and will be leaving SJPP on 30/9/15. I am 64, walking solo and have never done anything like this before. Hoping am mentally and physically strong enough to reach Santiago. Have only booked oasne way flight somy time's my own. Nervous but excited.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello my name is Christine and will be leaving SJPP on 30/9/15. I am 64, walking solo and have never done anything like this before. Hoping am mentally and physically strong enough to reach Santiago. Have only booked oasne way flight somy time's my own. Nervous but excited.

Hi Chris and welcome, I sent a message on your taxi thread re Express Bouricott.
You are but a youngster, last year I walked with 2 lovely ladies aged 78 and 79 from new Zealand, Elisabeth the 79 year old was fitter and faster than me!
If you have no return ticket you can build in some short or rest days :) if you see the thread below you will see the names of other forum members who are setting off at the same time as you and make contact if you wish?

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2015-september-pilgrims.34666/

You will have the time of your life!:D
Buen camino
Sarah

Thank you again Sarah. Very much appreciated. I will definitely make contact as you suggest. Its taken me a while to get going on the forum but am so grateful for the responses and feel I can now move forward. :) Am glad am better at walking than IT!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Chris. Enjoy each step! Buen Camino.
Walking slow, is walking fast!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Arminius. So true. Will heed advice as so want to complete it and more importantly enjoy the experience.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
[...]Christine[...] leaving SJPP on 30/9/15. I am 64, walking solo and have never done anything like this before.[...]
Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your preprations for the Camino. :) Mak sure you have proper footwear for hilly tracks under all sorts of weather conditions (October can be be very nice, but don't take it for granted). Proper clothing for sunny walks and chilly evenings, and also rainy spells. You'll walk along beaten paths with accommodation and refreshments/meals mostly in short distances. Always inform yourself at each place where you stay about conditions of your next day's walk. Improvising is one of the attractions of the Camino: don't expect anything and you'll be fine!:cool:

Thank you Fraluchi for yr words of wisdom. It so good to hear from experienced pilgrims. So much good advice.

We may cross paths, Christine - I am starting in Ponferrada Oct 24th.

Walked SJPDP to Ponferrada in 2013. You will be amazed with the diversity of ages, backgrounds and all fitness levels completing the Camino.

Some of my most meaningful and beautiful memories from 2013 were the days I intentionally slowed down or took day off to heal blisters.

I once again am filled with the same doubts as you, going back for a second time but have to consciously remind myself it is one step at a time. It's not a race.

It's your Camino. Your journey. Your way.

Buen Camino,
Karen

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We may cross paths, Christine - I am starting in Ponferrada Oct 24th.

Walked SJPDP to Ponferrada in 2013. You will be amazed with the diversity of ages, backgrounds and all fitness levels completing the Camino.

Some of my most meaningful and beautiful memories from 2013 were the days I intentionally slowed down or took day off to heal blisters.

I once again am filled with the same doubts as you, going back for a second time but have to consciously remind myself it is one step at a time. It's not a race.

It's your Camino. Your journey. Your way.

Buen Camino,
Karen
What a lovely message Karen. Will make a note in my book re 24th october - you never know.
Buen camino to you too

Hi Christine and welcome. Go with the flow and don't overdone your walks the first day's. You will do fine and will have a great time.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Christine and welcome. Go with the flow and don't overdone your walks the first day's. You will do fine and will have a great time.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.
Thank you peter.. Feel more reassured with each message that comes. Can't wait to get going - and will definitely take things easy the first few days. Think they'll be quite challenging in all sorts of ways. Thanks again

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you peter.. Feel more reassured with each message that comes. Can't wait to get going - and will definitely take things easy the first few days. Think they'll be quite challenging in all sorts of ways. Thanks again
Your welcome.

Hi Christine, and Welcome! I'm new here myself.
I'm planning to Camino in May/June OR September 2016. I'll keep track of you in case it's the latter!

Hi Christine, and Welcome! I'm new here myself.
I'm planning to Camino in May/June OR September 2016. I'll keep track of you in case it's the latter!
Thanks for yr message. Good luck with yr Camino whenever you go. Not long to go for me. Found this website invaluable and the support very heartening.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Chris and welcome, I sent a message on your taxi thread re Express Bouricott.
You are but a youngster, last year I walked with 2 lovely ladies aged 78 and 79 from new Zealand, Elisabeth the 79 year old was fitter and faster than me!
If you have no return ticket you can build in some short or rest days :) if you see the thread below you will see the names of other forum members who are setting off at the same time as you and make contact if you wish?

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2015-september-pilgrims.34666/

Buen camino
Sarah

Buen camino
Sarah
Hi Sarah, would like to contact the three pilgrims starting the Camino on the same day as me as listed in your link as above but am not sure how to do this. Have made a note of their names but cant find where to put them. Can you help me please. Thanks. Christine

Hi Sarah, would like to contact the three pilgrims starting the Camino on the same day as me as listed in your link as above but am not sure how to do this. Have made a note of their names but cant find where to put them. Can you help me please. Thanks. Christine

Hi Chris if you click on their Avatar there is an option to Start a conversation. This will be private between the two of you unless you invite someone to join in.
I posted for you on the 2015 SEPTEMBER PILGRIMS thread, if you click on the name it will bring up the pilgrim and let you know when they were last active.
Hope this helps?
Sarah

Hi Chris if you click on their Avatar there is an option to Start a conversation. This will be private between the two of you unless you invite someone to join in.
I posted for you on the 2015 SEPTEMBER PILGRIMS thread, if you click on the name it will bring up the pilgrim and let you know when they were last active.
Hope this helps?
Sarah
Many thanks again Sarah. That's great. Chris

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is going to sound really dumb but what exactly is an avatar

I know this sounds dumb but what is an avatar? Chris
An avatar is a representation of you usually a pic with forum member name underneath. If you click on the link in my last post it will take you directly to the september thread. If you click on the @name it takes you to a summary about that pilgrim and that is where the start a conversation option is. :)

An avatar is a representation of you usually a pic with forum member name underneath. If you click on the link in my last post it will take you directly to the september thread. If you click on the @name it takes you to a summary about that pilgrim and that is where the start a conversation option is. :)
What would i do without you :)

What would i do without you :)

You'd manage there are many, many experienced pilgrims on this wonderful forum. I was helped so much the first time and I'm enjoying that I can now pay back some of that kindness.
Welcome to the pilgrim way, you will find genuine, caring, loving people out there Chris, we all help each other whether it's a plaster for a blister or a hug if someone is having a hard time. Everyone looks out for their companions and within days you will have made a little camino family and maybe friends for life!:D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You'd manage there are many, many experienced pilgrims on this wonderful forum. I was helped so much the first time and I'm enjoying that I can now pay back some of that kindness.
Welcome to the pilgrim way, you will find genuine, caring, loving people out there Chris, we all help each other whether it's a plaster for a blister or a hug if someone is having a hard time. Everyone looks out for their companions and within days you will have made a little camino family and maybe friends for life!:D
How wonderful. Can't wait. Have felt the warmth already via this website and people like you. Chris

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Sarah, it's so true what you say.
Wish you well, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back