• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting my Camino 16th of May

Jodiekean

Hi everyone!
I've been preparing my trip for a couple of months now, buying the boots and backpack, hiking on the weekends, love reading this forum as well, and thought it was about time to introduce myself :) I'm Jodie, 35 and from the Netherlands. Well, England actually but have been living here for most of my life. Fell in love with Spain a long time ago and can't wait to discover more on the camino. I'm flying to Biarritz on the 16th of May 2012 and will be starting my camino on the 17th from SJPDP. I've taken 6 weeks off, hopefully enough time to also stop and smell a whole lot of roses! Just 6 more weeks to go....very excited!!!
I'm going to try and book a bed at the Orisson, don't want to rush through the Pyrenees on the first day! But we'll see. I did buy a guide but I'm kind of guessing this trip will be, and should be taken day by day.

Wishing you all a buen camino and maybe I'll be seeing some of you guys out there!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Jodie,
My name is Mark travelling from Dublin also on May16th. My plan was also to make Orrision on the 16th but think I may arrive to SJPP a little late. Unlike you I only have 8 days:( but I can't wait! 6 weeks sounds like a wonderful adventure (you lucky girl:). I may see you on the path, but if not, buen camino and safe journey...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Mark,
Just a few more days :)) I'm arriving in SJPDP quite early on the 16th but taking it easy and leaving towards Orisson on the 17th. We might meet along the way! Have a great 8 days!!!

We are planning the same time next year and a casual walking camping camino with lots of time to stop stay look and listen, let us know how you go with the gear and everything. We are carrying 2 heavy cameras and a tent so really would like to kno,w of weather gear etc. Thankyou
Buen camino and happy time

Hi Jodie! I will arrive in SJPP about then having walked from our home here in SW France. Perhaps we should leave together and encourage each other into going all the way over to Roncevalles! Am planning on four plus weeks from there... God willing. Buen Camino training!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back