• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Staying in Porto

Edward1

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Lyon
Le Puy to SJPP
Porto to Santiago.
Santiago to Finnistre and Muxia
Hi,
We are returning to cycle the camino Portuguese this year after having cycled the French section and walked fro St Jean over a couple of years . Has anyone got any suggestions for accomadation in Porto, thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There are a bunch of hostels easily available all throughout Porto. And mostly at a good price.
Between 10-25 euros. I also highly recommend taking a bottle of wine down to the canal in the evening.
Beautiful city.

If you are looking for a real treat, I highly recommend the Oporto Loft Art Hotel. I stayed there before and after walking the CP this month.

I stayed in Duke's Guest House just over a month ago - newly renovated historical old home - very friendly and helpful owners! Well priced! Loved it there!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the reply's
Ill check them out,

I just arrived in Porto yesterday and was Little apprehensive because since it is a big city , it is more impersonal, unlike st jean pied de port. . Found the new 1 month old new albergue, called albergue de peregrino de Porto and the owners Oscar and Nano are the most caring and giving individual and best hospitalero. I can't say enough good things about how Wonderful this albergue is. The true spirit of the camino lives here! You can reserve though email or go on facebook.com
albergueperegrinosporto. Also close to train, center and everything. Super clean, and peaceful.

Hi Edward
We stayed in The Peninsular for two nights before we started walking.
Cheap but great location. Think faded Victoria glamour

Bom Camhino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Grande hotel de Paris in the old part of Porto . Lovely gardens
Mid price range

What is wrong with the Association's albergue (Via Portusacale)? 20 or so beds, with sheets and fleece blankets washed daily, an Ikea kitchen and a back yard, perfect location when arriving by plane. A lovely couple work as hospis, while other association members help here and there with maintenance work.

Imhave to say, it bugs me when there is spare capacity in a volunteer place that a private venture waltzes in the territory only to make money when the donativo association only hopes to embrace us.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.