Still hoping

NancyMcD

Oct 21, 2020
Chimacum, WA USA
Time of past OR future Camino
2018, 2019, (2022)
Hi I am Nancy from Washington State, USA. I was so fortunate to have walked in 2018 and again 2019 when I finally reached Santiago. Life takes some turns we don’t expect (like the Camino). My husband has Parkinson’s and leaving to go again is unlikely. But the hope is still alive and although I will be 68 very soon...maybe someday. I wish you all a Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
NancyMcD,

Welcome to the Forum.
I am sorry to learn of your husband's condition and hope that you both find the resilience to persevere during these difficult times.
In the immediate future do post your own recent camino memories/suggestions if you so wish. Sharing your thoughts could help other pilgrims in a multitude of ways.

Many of us Forum veterans are now simply keeping on keeping on. Sharing info with others helps keep our caminos anew.

Carpe diem.

Phoenix

Veteran Member
Feb 22, 2014
Earth
Hi Nancy. I'm sorry to hear of your husband's PD diagnosis; one more person with Parkinson's is too many. I wish/hope only the best for you both. I also pray for acceptance, patience, courage, and steadfastness for you both.

I'm glad, however, that you've had Camino experiences and have those to reflect upon and cherish.

I have many years experience with Parkinson's. My first time on Camino was as a walking partner/sometimes caregiver for a friend with advanced PD. Through great perseverence, he made it to SdC, splitting the Camino Frances over two years.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

davebugg

A Pilgrimage is time I spend praying with my feet
Feb 9, 2021
East Wenatchee, Washington State, America
2017, 2018, 2019, 2025
Hi I am Nancy from Washington State, USA. I was so fortunate to have walked in 2018 and again 2019 when I finally reached Santiago. Life takes some turns we don’t expect (like the Camino). My husband has Parkinson’s and leaving to go again is unlikely. But the hope is still alive and although I will be 68 very soon...maybe someday. I wish you all a Buen Camino.

Hi, and a Warm Welcome to the Forum from another Washingtonian in North Central Washington.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
You will get there perigrina! I am 67 and getting ready to walk over 1000k from Sevilla to Muxia. If I can do it anybody can. Best to you and your husband and a better future for you both.

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Jun 22, 2015
New Mexico, USA
www.mirafloresmosaics.com
You will get there perigrina! I am 67 and getting ready to walk over 1000k from Sevilla to Muxia. If I can do it anybody can. Best to you and your husband and a better future for you both.
When are you walking, lt56ny? I'm gonna be 67 in October of this year. Hoping to walk La Plata from Merida in March, 2022.

Reactions: lt56ny
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

NancyMcD

Oct 21, 2020
Chimacum, WA USA
2018, 2019, (2022)
When are you walking, lt56ny? I'm gonna be 67 in October of this year. Hoping to walk La Plata from Merida in March, 2022.
While I would love to going back for the third time is a dream that is slipping away. It would be nearly impossible to leave my husband home alone for a month. Parkinson’s is a cruel master to both the patient and the caregiver. But I think and dream about it everyday.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
I start walking from Sevilla on October 14th. If the worst transpires and we have to wait again I will begin in in mid to late February from Sevilla. I am planning to leave early from Torremejia as it is a short 15k to Merida to have most of that day and a rest day in Merida. I have only heard wonderful things about this city. Of course that is my plan but the Camino may have other plans for me :). I know especially in these times of Covid and even in normal times the VDLP needs more planning when you are on the way it is interesting and exciting waiting to see what is in store for me.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides