• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Struggling to continue

That's what I started doing and I'm in awe everyday at how much I love walking slowly, stopping to listen to the birds, taking breaks at all the points. It was really hard at first to break my habits, but I've found this mindful presense in going slow that I am just smitten with at the moment.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am currently 10 days in… Taking a rest day in Logroño. I could have written this post myself! I feel exactly the same way. I am the slowest snail on the trail, consequently, everyone rushes by me, and I rarely see the same faces two days in a row. If you find the inspiration to continue, please do share!

It sounds like you’ve got something wonderful out of the Camino already!Hope it’s ’s still going well….

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It could be a symptom of age but I too walk long days, get somewhere, wash clothes and my stinky body, get a bite to eat and fall fast asleep. Not everyone can push through to long days but I'm never bored when I get there and I enjoy the company on the trail.

I love Lagroño. Been there twice. The tapas street is fantastic - especially the place that sells just the garlic mushroom heads.

Thanks for the suggestions! Walking later into the day has been a good idea that i've been implementing.
The other side of the coin, for you to consider as you will, is that we (DH and I) have generally walked until about 1 or 2 and then started looking for a place. I remember on the Frances, when we got to the village of the "frogs" on the meseta, we found that all 4 of their albergues (at 3:30 pm) were full. We got a room over one of the bars and were fine. So that's why we try to think about it at around 2 pm. Also we learned that Santiago watches over his pilgrims, and eventually we learned to trust. There will be a place we can lay our heads.
BC

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum