A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Sunday Taxi Availability from Pamplona to SJPdP

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2018) with my son.
Hi All, I'm new to the Forum. My son and I will be starting the CF from SJPdP on May 27. We have reservations at Orrison the night of the 27th (need to be there by 6:30 PM). Our itinerary is to arrive in Madrid on May 26 in the morning (9:30ish), then train to Pamplona in the afternoon. We have hotel reservations in Pamplona for the night of the 26th. Our plan is to get a relatively early taxi to SJPdP the morning of the 27th, tool around SJPdP, then hike the 7 KM to Orrison. I'm concerned about finding a taxi on the morning of the 27th, as it is a Sunday. Are my concerns founded? If so, any ideas on dealing with getting a taxi would be most appreciated.

Advertisment

Kanga

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid.
I doubt it being Sunday will make much difference to taxis - unless it is the night after a big fiesta in which case - good luck! You will just escape San Fermin which runs from 6 to 14 July.

SJPDP is a lovely place - make straight for the pilgrim office at 39 Rue de la Citadelle - essential first stop. There you will get information on whether or not it is safe to take the Route Napoleon (by the end of May you should be OK - but you never know in the Pyrenees!). You can also pick up a credential and get your first pilgrim stamp.

The bus from Pamplona to SJPDP leaves at 14:30 arriving 16:15 and at 17:30 arriving 19:15 - cost is 22 euros. Every day of the week as far as I can see. By the end of May there will probably be additional buses and times. Worth checking with ALSA and Conde, as a taxi is much more expensive - although you may find other pilgrims with whom to share.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2018) with my son.
I doubt it being Sunday will make much difference to taxis - unless it is the night after a big fiesta in which case - good luck! You will just escape San Fermin which runs from 6 to 14 July.

SJPDP is a lovely place - make straight for the pilgrim office at 39 Rue de la Citadelle - essential first stop. There you will get information on whether or not it is safe to take the Route Napoleon (by the end of May you should be OK - but you never know in the Pyrenees!). You can also pick up a credential and get your first pilgrim stamp.

The bus from Pamplona to SJPDP leaves at 14:30 arriving 16:15 and at 17:30 arriving 19:15 - cost is 22 euros. Every day of the week as far as I can see. By the end of May there will probably be additional buses and times. Worth checking with ALSA and Conde, as a taxi is much more expensive - although you may find other pilgrims with whom to share.
Thanks for the reply, but we won’t be able to take the Sunday bus as we need to arrive by mid-morning in SJPdP and get up to Ortison by 6:00PM on the same day. I was asking about the availability of Sunday morning transportation. It sounds like the bus runs too late and the only viable means is by taxi. My worry is that taxis will be difficult to find on early Sunday morning.

trecile

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Aug - Sept (2016) SJPDP - Finisterre
July - Aug (2017) SJPDP - Muxia - Finisterre
Thanks for the reply, but we won’t be able to take the Sunday bus as we need to arrive by mid-morning in SJPdP and get up to Ortison by 6:00PM on the same day. I was asking about the availability of Sunday morning transportation. It sounds like the bus runs too late and the only viable means is by taxi. My worry is that taxis will be difficult to find on early Sunday morning.
I wouldn't worry about a taxi being hard to find on a Sunday, but if you want, you can pre-book a taxi from this company
http://www.taxipamplona.com/en/comparte.php

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 68 16.8%
  • May

Votes: 108 26.7%
  • June