• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Sunshine in Jaca

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
Landed Lourdes Saturday got my passport from the tourist information center by the big church (seminar)not the one in the high street,they asked for the name of a friend or next of kin as they didn,t advise me to walk to Somport without:shock: cold wet and raining so me and son number 2 caught the 11-47 train to Oloron and conected with the bus to Canfranc Estacion with an hour free in Oloron to eat the best pitza ever just accross the road-The road up to Canfranc Estacion was out of this world but all covered in snow(glad not to be walking)
The station is a work of art but the ALburgue pigo whatsit was closed for the weekend and did not look that inviting any way ,a pale imitation of its web page-so through the rain the short 5km to Canfranc itself and the warm(very warm) welcome at the tourist rural place there 15 EURO including very good breakfast,room with 4 bunks all to ourselves.
started down from Canfranc in a snow storm alongside a large gorge but the lower down we walked the more the sun shone till we where using the sun-screen,and now we sit in the municipal hostel in Jaca a 10 euro 4* place with hot showers and free internet :D glowing from the sun and a little vino-tinto.
very quite at the moment 5 people tonight just one other the night before,none seen on the walk just a few local walkers-the towns between looked new with vast new builds mostly empty and unsold but what people there was where very friendly and helpful, as was the tourist offices which were open late nice bars lots doing accomodation -very good looking place in Villanua old town.
great views good people and the sun is shining :D
Ian

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You sound cheerful Ian so hope you're not dissapointed not to have walked from Lourdes. I was looking forward to hearing how it went but, weather is weather, and this year it is very unreliable.
Enjoy the rest of your walk.
Buen camino
Sue

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Congratulations to the sunshine, it seems everybody else out on the Camino is freezing. I 'll be happy to hear more about how you get on, any advice will be apreciated.
Josefine

Anniesantiago said:
...I hope that cold, rain, snow stops before May 12!
I'm hoping for April 28.
sagalouts said:
...they asked for the name of a friend or next of kin as they didn,t advise me to walk to Somport without....
Hi Ian,
Enjoyed the update. Wife and I are planning to walk from Lourdes. Do you think they'll accept it if we give each other as next of kin? (lol)
Looking forward to your next "live post".
Buen Camino
Col

[-The road up to Canfranc Estacion was out of this world but all covered in snow(glad not to be walking)
The station is a work of art but the ALburgue pigo whatsit was closed for the weekend and did not look that inviting any way ,a pale imitation of its web page-so through the rain the short 5km to Canfranc itself and the warm(very warm) welcome at the tourist rural place there 15 EURO including very good breakfast,room with 4 bunks all to ourselves.
started down from Canfranc in a snow storm alongside a large gorge but the lower down we walked the more the sun shone till we where using the sun-screen,and now we sit in the municipal hostel in Jaca a 10 euro 4* place with hot showers and free internet :D glowing from the sun and a little vino-tinto.
very quite at the moment 5 people tonight just one other the night before,none seen on the walk just a few local walkers-the towns between looked new with vast new builds mostly empty and unsold but what people there was where very friendly and helpful, as was the tourist offices which were open late nice bars lots doing accomodation -very good looking place in Villanua old town.
great views good people and the sun is shining :D

Hope your good weather now continues, Ian. Please keep us posted. I am walking from Somport on 20 September on my own, so I will be following your journey with great interest.
Ian[/quote]

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back