• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tarta de Santiago - a little bit of history and a recipe for July 25th!

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
A fun piece in the run-up to the big festival day. The Aleteia website has an article on the history of tarta de Santiago. There is also a recipe and even a template for a cruz espada to give the proper finishing touch to your creation!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Interesting history. Plus, this recipe is much easier than the one I use (or any of the various ones I've seen posted). I will definitely give it a try, see how it goes. But seriously, sugar and almonds-- can't go wrong!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you, I've been wondering about the history. This is the recipe I use, sometimes with cinnamon as well as lemon zest. It's easy, and easily scaleable too. I've made it with anything from 3 to 8 eggs and it has always turned out well.

Thankyou @Bradypus for the link to recipe for Tarta De Santiago ..
I really want to try this one.
Again - a big Thankyou .
My first ‘Tarta De Santiago ‘.
It was a success. Obviously all due to the recipe ! It was yummy

Most read last week in this forum