• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

taxis from Rouncevalles-SJPdP/flights from Santiago-Paris?

tjm

Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2006; Aug-Sept 2014
I am planning to start in SJPdP in Mid-May. I will be comming from the US. If I fly to Madrid, the only way (or at least the easiest way) to get to SJPdP is by Taxi from Pamplona or Rouncevalles. I have seen an old post with contact information for taxis. Does anyone have current information on costs and contacts for these?

It seems like the start is easier if I fly into Paris, but that means that I have to get back to Paris to get home. I have not seen bargain flights from Santiago to Paris. Does anyone know who flys that route? Or, can you make any other suggestions? The RENFE site doesn't have connections outside of Spain. Is the train an option?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ivar, thank you for look into this. I think you have actually convinced me to fly into Madrid and worry about getting to St Jean when I get there. If I need an extra day to get started it will not be the end of the world.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum