• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flights to/from Edinburgh

Rossandjeannie

Time of past OR future Camino
September 23
Hi all. I walked the Portuguese Central last year and enjoyed it so much going back to do the Portuguese Coastal route next March/April. Last year we flew into Porto from Edinburgh, walked to Santiago and flew back from there to Edinburgh. Both were with Ryanair direct. I was looking for flight dates for next year and the flights to Porto seem to be fine but no sign of any flights from Santiago back to Edinburgh direct. I have tried both Ryanair direct and Skyscanner. Anyone else experiencing the same problem ? Thanks and Buen Camino to you all.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
According to that article, if you can't get to Santiago from Edinburgh, there is another Cathedral worth visiting that is close by.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
According to that article, if you can't get to Santiago from Edinburgh, there is another Cathedral worth visiting that is close by.
As I do not use fb, I presume you might be referring to the one at the East end? Indeed, a mighty edifice!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for this. What a shame. It is so often the case there have to be stages rather than direct connections from what one of my remaining brothers calls the best wee country in the world...
I suppose when I’m coming home next time I’ll have to travel via Dublin…probably with a lay over…🤣🤣 Guinness it is then 👍

Yes I was searching too for the Edinburgh to SDC flights hoping to walk the Camino Ingles.
now walking over the Apennines instead as a direct result of no direct flights. Very sad

€46,-
Thanks all....oh well I guess it was too good to last. Just adds another day to the end of my caminos and more hassle and extra cost. Least there is still a direct flight between Edinburgh and Porto...for now...

Thanks all....oh well I guess it was too good to last. Just adds another day to the end of my caminos and more hassle and extra cost. Least there is still a direct flight between Edinburgh and Porto...for now...
A bus from Porto to Santiago takes 3 and a half hours. Not bad if timing is good...

Thanks for the update on Ryanair flights. I was planning on flying from Edinburgh for Camino Ingles next year. There are still options via London Stansted or Dublin. Could also fly to Porto and take bus to Santiago. EasyJet fly from Glasgow to Porto and Ryanair from Edinburgh.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back