• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Not so Serious thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Maybe you all know this but in a terrible blunder the creator of Esperanto didn't realize that the English sentence "You smell like a camel's rear end" in the translation to Esperanto would sound like an insult.
I'm glad they don't speak Esperanto in the US...I had to use google translate.😅
You should see how it looks in International sign language. Not a pretty sight
Like this?🖕

So I once posted a pic of my old teddy bear, still hanging around but not in bed. But not this guy (recently demoted so only called his grace now) who has about 6 dozen more nearby and will have a fit if the servants don't put them in the right place. They deserve a good chewing out in that case, not paying attention to their day's training in just teddy bear placement.

dk-graphic-andrew-teddy-new.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi all. I wanted to let you know that @yaying was finally given permission to take a vacation to fly home to the Philippines yesterday! She hadn't been home to see her family since about 2019. Her mom had died, but sadly Yaying was unable to go to her funeral. She now has to quarantine for five days, but it is in a 5 star hotel provided by her government; free to all who work abroad and send money home to their families, which she has faithfully done. They are considered heros in their country. In addition to the hotel industry, cruise ships often have Filipino workers who live on board for much of the year. I am so happy for her!

So I once posted a pic of my old teddy bear, still hanging around but not in bed. But not this guy (recently demoted so only called his grace now) who has about 6 dozen more nearby and will have a fit if the servants don't put them in the right place. They deserve a good chewing out in that case, not paying attention to their day's training in just teddy bear placement.

dk-graphic-andrew-teddy-new.jpg
This must be an old photo of Liberachi's bedroom.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You know, despite this thread doing its best to cheer me up I get a bit melancholy now and then. Like now, I've been thinking about all the people I've lost and I'm left mulling over an overwhelming question; Why did it take Fodors so long to fire me as a guide?
You can always apply for a position at Frommers.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hubby preferred Beer, England...he don't play cards. Jeff prefers Kent to Deal. I prefer Paris, France to Paris, Illinois.

P.S. Trivia fact...many of our towns in the US have American Indian names.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

€149,-

€149,-
I had to chuckle this morning.
Watching the groundhog celebrations in the US I was watching the groundhog prophecies for the length of the winter.
As they pulled "Chuck" from the barrel and looked at the shadow he cast there was a solemn proclamation that there would be a further six weeks of winter.

"Chuck" has been accurate 40% of the time. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They are , I have several friends who do the same.
Work hard and send as much money home as possible. Deep respect 🙏🏻
I just woke up and @yaying has only now arrived home after five days in a hotel and another seven spent in quarantine. She tested positive for covid having no symptoms. She has 18 days left of to be with her family....new picture!
Yay, Yaying! 💕
Screenshot_20220203-063117~2.png

I had to chuckle this morning.
Watching the groundhog celebrations in the US I was watching the groundhog prophecies for the length of the winter.
As they pulled "Chuck" from the barrel and looked at the shadow he cast there was a solemn proclamation that there would be a further six weeks of winter.

"Chuck" has been accurate 40% of the time. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You chuckled at Chuck.
I missed the celebration; must watch Chuck on Youtube.

I just woke up and @yaying has only now arrived home after five days in a hotel and another seven spent in quarantine. She tested positive for covid having no symptoms. She has 18 days left of to be with her family....new picture!
Yay, Yaying! 💕
View attachment 117774
Seeing Yaying so happy makes my evening , so wonderful. 💗
Please wish her all the best from me Chris.

I certainly will, Peter!...and I'll add in BB and all the love likes from the others!😊
Yes, thank you. I've been too busy this morning to ask. I've been applying my mathematical skills and I’m glad I learned about parallelograms instead of how to do my taxes. It’s really come in handy this parallelogram season.

Yay, Yaying! 💕

Nice picture.

Tell her she’s both loved and missed.

So Google has noticed that I use Chrome to translate articles about Santiago linked to by forum members. Judging by its placing an article in my news feed it must also have figured I would be interested in learning about this street paving.
Screenshot_20220204-085246.png

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Me too. Other than knowing 6 lines of 5 letter words with green and yellow boxes I have absolutely no further knowledge. I'll likely be better with 4 letter words though.
😅 No black boxes for you?😅⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
I think six letter words would be more of a challenge with seven tries for the brainiacs among us...I'm a Wordle newbie and five is fine.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I had enough of them from physics. Anyway I now know 50% more about Wordle colors. Sorry BB but colour won't fit.
Same with favour, only favor will work...that's why six letters would be ideal. BB is out'a luck.
(Btw, my header bar has been dim for quite awhile and italics and bold are no longer options for me...any idea why?)

(Btw, my header bar has been dim for quite awhile and italics and bold are no longer options for me...any idea why?)
Someone asked me something similar recently in a PM. You may have the same problem. Here's my reply to the first problem. See if it works for you.
Easy fix. Click the 3 dots next to the magnifying glass to get a pop-up and you will see a set of blue square brackets. Click them and you are back to what you want.

You are in a special editing mode now that allows you to type in formatting code directly. It is to get finer control over the output but is intended for those who are more advanced in BBC, Bulletin Board Coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.
Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back