• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Old Way and The South Downs Way

thestorypilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 walked from St Jean Peid de Port to Santiago
Hello everyone!

I live in Brighton and am a few miles away from The Old Way and The South Downs Way.

The Old Way stretches from Southampton to Canterbury, to the resting place of Thomas Beckett. It is a glorious walk, filled with chalk ridges and history. I am walking various parts and putting out my thoughts, reflections and conversations I have along the way in my podcast, https://thestorypilgrim.podbean.com/

As well as these walks, I am also lucky to be able to travel to more exotic places, such as Mumbai, Las Vegas and Cape Town.

Please sign up to listen, also have a look at 'the story pilgrim' website. www.thestorypilgrim.com

Many thanks,
Darren

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I get emails from Conde Nest Traveler every week. the one I received the other day was the 7 best hikes in Europe for Unbelievable Scenery. Of course the Camino de Santiago was on there and the Ring of Kerry but there was one in England that I had not heard about. South West Coast Path. It is the longest signposted path in England at 621 miles. It has lots of sunny days that you wound't expect in the UK in Oct_Nov when there aren't that many tourists.Starting in Minehead (Somerset) it runs along the coast of Exmoor and the coastlines of North Devon and Cornwall. It crosses the mouth of the river Tamar, enters Devon, and crosses part of Dorset before ending at the port of Poole. It was originally created in the days when patrols watched for smugglers. Just thought I would mention this if people want to hike for longer than the 90 days that your allowed in Europe.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I get emails from Conde Nest Traveler every week. the one I received the other day was the 7 best hikes in Europe for Unbelievable Scenery. Of course the Camino de Santiago was on there and the Ring of Kerry but there was one in England that I had not heard about. South West Coast Path. It is the longest signposted path in England at 621 miles. It has lots of sunny days that you wound't expect in the UK in Oct_Nov when there aren't that many tourists.Starting in Minehead (Somerset) it runs along the coast of Exmoor and the coastlines of North Devon and Cornwall. It crosses the mouth of the river Tamar, enters Devon, and crosses part of Dorset before ending at the port of Poole. It was originally created in the days when patrols watched for smugglers. Just thought I would mention this if people want to hike for longer than the 90 days that your allowed in Europe.
Thank you Dwain, it is a glorious walk. The plan is to eventually have one continuous coastal walk all the way round Great Britain.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back