• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Way Re-Release May 16

Paintboy2

Time of past OR future Camino
The first time I saw Martin Sheen throw on his backpack in The Way, I knew it was only full of crumpled up newspapers. Nonetheless, it was the inspiration for my six Camino's. There will be a re-release of the film in 800 theaters for one night only on May16. In my area (Seattle) there were several theater options and while many seats were reserved there were still seats available. I have never seen it on the big screen so I'm excited to go, and undoubtedly meet many fellow pilgrims. Go online to to find theaters and reserve tickets. Here's the link: https://www.fandango.com/the-way-142985/movie-overview

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I watched it yesterday on Amazon UK for free. I used a VPN pretending to be in the UK and allowed advertisements, so I could watch it without paying Amazon.
The ad-frequency was pretty low so I was quite relaxed with it ...

Have to admit though, that my screen was rather tiny ;-)

EDIT: I wonder why anyone should get angry at this. I only circumvented geoblocking. I paid the price by watching ads, hence everyone gets his money.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We bought the movie from Amazon years ago so it is in our video library, but I would like to see it on the big screen.
I also have the DVD set. I often "view/listen" to the comments or review with Martin, Emilio and David. It tells/show how they did many of the scenes.
Lucky US residents to be able to see it on the big screen. I saw it this way back in 2012.

Are there any "big screens" still? Last time I went to the cinema (probably over 30 years ago) it was a multiplex and the room I was in held about 50 people and the screen was not much bigger than the largest TVs you can get these days. Oh for the old days when the screens were up to 48 feet (14.6 metres) wide!

The first time I saw Martin Sheen throw on his backpack in The Way, I knew it was only full of crumpled up newspapers. Nonetheless, it was the inspiration for my six Camino's. There will be a re-release of the film in 800 theaters for one night only on May16. In my area (Seattle) there were several theater options and while many seats were reserved there were still seats available. I have never seen it on the big screen so I'm excited to go, and undoubtedly meet many fellow pilgrims. Go online to to find theaters and reserve tickets. Here's the link: https://www.fandango.com/the-way-142985/movie-overview
Hello everyone,
If you liked 'The Way' you will also enjoy 'Saint Jacques ...La Mecque'. It is a French film from 2005. When I bought the DVD ages ago it did not have English subtitles, so i had do some tech stuff to download these. It might be different now. It is a very good story, well told.

Ena

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I love this film and watch it every time I return and sometimes before I go. I have a copy bought as soon as I could get it and I saw it in the cinema in London just after it was released and just after I returned from walking on the Camino. Enjoy if you haven't seen it.

Do you know if it’s playing in Chicago?

Our daughter gave us the dvd in 2012 for Christmas, and it was the inspiration for us to walk in 2014. I still love the movie, and now our local SBS channel is showing it regularly, so I get another dose often.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just saw The Way for the first time last night-exactly 3 weeks from my flight date for my first solo Camino.
We were both so moved, and i cried♡
He now has more of an understanding of what I am doing and why, and so do I.
Thank you for posting how to go see it!

Just saw The Way for the first time last night-exactly 3 weeks from my flight date for my first solo Camino.
He meaning my husband

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first time I saw Martin Sheen throw on his backpack in The Way, I knew it was only full of crumpled up newspapers.
It was so wonderful to see it in theaters last night and to watch the interview afterward. According to Emilio, the backpack was indeed legitimately packed. 💗👍🏻. I’m always bothered by Orisson being out of place 😂

Same here, my first time. Had I known how it started, I might not have brought my husband (who is not going with me.) Solo hiker gets lost and dies first day out - I turn and there he is all curled up in a fetal position in the chair next to me, freaking out.

Same here, my first time. Had I known how it started, I might not have brought my husband (who is not going with me.) Solo hiker gets lost and dies first day out - I turn and there he is all curled up in a fetal position in the chair next to me, freaking out.
I want to laugh, but I'm not being insensitive. That's quite a visual 😳.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back