• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The walk into Lamego

peregrina2000

Staff member
I want to post this while my memory is still more or less fresh. I have a question about the route into Lamego, which I walked yesterday.

I followed Alan Sykes’ tracks to start. There had been a couple official reroutings before Ucanha but nothing major.

At a point somewhere after Ucanha, though, Alan’s tracks went right and the new official Camino mojon pointed left. I looked at a couple other of my saved tracks for this stage and saw a recent one that did follow the new route. This is a major change. Now the route takes you past the convento de Santo Antonio in Ferreirim. Alan went nowhere near that.

I was fine with the new tracks (user name kimfer) until a little bit after Britiande. At some point I lost the arrows, as did his tracks. I wound up for five long kilometers on the side of a busy road, though there was usually a good sidewalk or shoulder. This took me past the Lidl if that reference helps.

I have been hunting on Wikiloc to find another recent set of tracks into Lamego and have not been able to find anything. Just wondering what other four members might remember about coming into town.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don’t remember the details except that there was a lot of road walking into Lamego on the Torres. Wendy hated it!

But today is a spectacular stage - enjoy!

I don’t remember the details except that there was a lot of road walking into Lamego on the Torres. Wendy hated it!

But today is a spectacular stage - enjoy!
I don't remember details either, but I know that we entered Lamego on a busy road, with a long curving ramp that climbed up to the town. There was a little grassy area with picnic tables alongside the ramp, and I rested there before making the final push. The asphalt was brutal, but unfortunately that's my memory of most of the Torres. I don't recall losing the arrows that day.

FWIW, the Lamego entry on the CPI was much nicer, as you arrive at the back of the famous church on the hill and walk down from there, via either the staircase or the wooded park.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back