• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

There is a season/A Time for Everything (Ecclesiastes 3)

• Thread starter Former member 81810
  • Start date
F

Former member 81810

I am doing the Camino with my niece later this year as a pilgrimage. I had been thinking about There is a season/A Time for Everything as in Ecclesiastes 3 and wondered if I could do a Camino pilgrim version for her. As there are so many options of seeing the original wording of Ecclesiastes 3 on the web, I have not included a link to it. If you are not aware of Ecclesiastes 3 may I be bold and say it is worth reading.

Whilst I have been able to have a go, I am not sure about some of the wording or the way it is phrased so thought it was perhaps time to bounce it off this forum! Below is what I have done so far but would gladly welcome any thoughts about changes or wording in a different way or additions (following, of course, the pattern of a time to and a related alternative time to). You will also see I have two sections, one more reflective, the other a bit lighter! Thank you.

A time to walk and a time to rest
A time to sleep and a time to wake up
A time to talk and a time to be silent
A time to reflect and a time to discuss
A time to reminisce and a time to look forward
A time to walk on your own and a time to walk with someone
A time to consider changes and a time to be at peace with one's self

A time to take a break and a time to start walking again
A time for another coffee and a time to start walking again
A time to eat and a time to start walking again
A time to drink and a time to resist a second one
A time to take your boots off and a time to put them on again
A time to point and a time to actually try and speak Spanish

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Peter,
These are both charming. I love them each in their own way! Thanks for sharing. You are quite a poet! I always enjoyed the song made popular years ago by the Byrds, "Turn, turn, turn", taken from the same scripture. I hope you have a wonderful pilgrimage!

"A time to point and a time to actually try and speak Spanish"

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum