• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

There will be days when....

Tumbleweed

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Even though I have 14 sleeps before my Camino, my Spirit is calm. I am ready for my journey and many ask why do I walk the Camino?

I walk because I was called by my Father God, my Lord and Savior Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 139:16: "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed,"

Some ask what do you seek?
I seek my Fathers face and that of Jesus and to hear His voice.

Some ask what do you hope to find?
My faith shall lead me to the Mercy and Grace that is His and I shall find Peace, Love, Joy and all that is Him including Wisdom and Understanding.

There will be days when my spirit weeps for forgiveness and letting go.

There will be days when I dance with my Lord and sing Him praises.

There will be days when I am weak and will call on Him for strength.

There will be days when my cup runneth over with the Peace that comes from the Holy Spirit.

There will be days when I meet an Angel who will carry me for a while.

There will be days when I lift up those around me with laughter and joy. For this, there shall be many days.

I read someplace that, "You may be the only Jesus someone will ever see." I hope to represent my Christian faith so that anyone who looks may see a little bit of Jesus in me, if only just a glimmer.

I also walk to pay homage to our beloved St James for without whom there would be no Camino de Santiago and so much more.

I borrowed this video from another, nice pictures and a beautiful song by Enya titled Pilgrim:

http://youtu.be/ZVLbmqb36W4

Enjoy and may God's blessings surround you,

Angela

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, a lovely post.

When I look back I can't believe how blind I was sometimes when it came to seeing the face of Jesus. On leaving Burgos on my first Camino I met a couple of local men who were out for a day's walk along the Camino. At the first village they were going to meet a friend who was bringing a special loaf made with olive oil. When we met him they invited me to join them for lunch. We then walked on together all the way to Hornillos, with one guy particularly keen to talk to/at me incessantly in Spanish, which became a bit mentally exhausting. I was secretly glad when we went our separate ways. I felt awful about that afterwards. This man had shown me a kindness, and had even broken his bread and shared his wine with me, for goodness sake! Did I show enough of Jesus' face back by being patient, or too little by getting a bit ratty inside, I wonder. I think my school teacher would have said 'Could do better'.

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Even though I have 14 sleeps before my Camino, my Spirit is calm. I am ready for my journey and many ask why do I walk the Camino?

I walk because I was called by my Father God, my Lord and Savior Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 139:16: "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed,"

Some ask what do you seek?
I seek my Fathers face and that of Jesus and to hear His voice.

Some ask what do you hope to find?
My faith shall lead me to the Mercy and Grace that is His and I shall find Peace, Love, Joy and all that is Him including Wisdom and Understanding.

There will be days when my spirit weeps for forgivenes and letting go.

There will be days when I dance with my Lord and sing Him praises.

There will be days when I am week and will call on Him for strength.

There will be days when my cup runneth over with the Peace that comes from the Holy Spirit.

There will be days when I meet an Angel who will carry me for a while.

There will be days when I lift up those around me with laughter and joy. For this, there shall be many days.

I read someplace that, "You may be the only Jesus someone will ever see." I hope to represent my Christian faith so that anyone who looks may see a little bit of Jesus in me, if only just a glimmer.

I also walk to pay homage to St James for without whom there would be no Camino de Santiago.

I borrowed this video from another, nice pictures and a beautiful song by Enya titled Pilgrim:

http://youtu.be/ZVLbmqb36W4

Enjoy and may God's blessings surround you,

Angela

Oh my Gosh. Tumbleweed....That was phenomenal. i finished this past Juy. 29 days and then i just wanted to hang around and hug all those that were struggling on their own. Like ME. Thank you for you post. My Christ moves me everyday. He is in my heart and i pray i shared Him with all the pilgrims that were walking in the same time frame. In hine sight His love is why i did the Camino. coachj

"There will be days when I lift up those around me with laughter and joy. For this, there shall be many days."

You are soo ready for this, Angela.

Only just a glimmer? Nah, you'll shine brightly. †

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for the video Tumbleweed it really hit me where i'm at on my return from Santiago de Compostela. This thread and the contributors have been a breath of the Camino thank you for your openness shining through your words.

Not long for you now. You will walk as if God was holding your hand, I am sure.

Mother Teresa, that blessed woman, once said -
“I see Jesus in every human being. I say to myself, this is hungry Jesus, I must feed him. This is sick Jesus. This one has leprosy or gangrene; I must wash him and tend to him. I serve because I love Jesus.”

Perhaps, if the Camino claims you, you will return - not to walk again for yourself and connection with God, reflecting into the eyes of the pilgrims you meet - which is a wonderful first Camino to make - but perhaps to help pilgrims by offering first aid and pastoral care. Jesus gave us a specific command at the end of his story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:37) - "then go, Ye, and do likewise".

It is missing you know, the practical religious element ... there are some refugios run by the religious but - imagine this - countless pilgrim friars (of both genders), wandering the Caminos with their first aid kits, responding to those in need, being a visible presence .... meditate upon this as you walk.

and funnily enough, considering his washing of feet, I find that most of the work involves washing and tending feet!

Buen Camino Peregrina - we will be thinking of you

David

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Something to strive for. Something to live for.

Buen Camino, Tumbleweed.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
David said: "imagine this - countless pilgrim friars (of both genders), wandering the Caminos with their first aid kits, responding to those in need, being a visible presence".

Yes, I can imagine it. A few weeks back, a couple of co-workers were asking me about my Camino. In the conversation I remember saying, I may not come back, I might just keep walking back and forth. I will definitly keep this in meditation.

Thank you all for the kindness,
Angela

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Being available to help is all that is expected of us, the Spirit will show you where and when to be a pilgrim friar. There will be strangers on the road with sufferings, including blistered feet to be tended male and female. Be prepared though for it will probably bring you almost to tears , when you see the eyes of Jesus thanking you and words between you have ceased.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.