• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To Richard from Dublin

trafferty

I believe I'm ready for another adventure!
Time of past OR future Camino
june (2016)
This is for all the Richards out there:

Dear Richard, who rode the train with me from Leon to santiago. Thank you so much for encouraging me to go to the cathedral and complete my camino. I wasn't going to go because I had injured my knee and was only able to walk a hundred miles. I felt unworthy. I told you I would not return to finish it because of the distance, expense and length of time you need to devote. I felt I got what I needed from what I was able to do i let spirit guide me in what to do with the rest of my time in spain and everything worked out the way it was supposed to but still felt unworthy of acting like I "completed " it. You explained that I was completing my camino and I should finish with the pilgrams mass as my camino needed closure.

I waited until the very last day and finally dragged myself to the mass. It was perfect. I don't know if the same priest gives the mass everyday, I kind of doubt it because no one could sound so genuine day after day. However, the priest that day was very genuine, warm, loving and compassionate. I don't understand a lot of Spanish but I understood exactly what I needed to hear from that mass. He spent time saying es no importante this and no importante that several times and then said what was most important was your intention when you started, that you spent some time walking with God and that you spent some time listening to God. It was just what I needed to hear. So thank you so much, Richard. I will never forget you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It sounds like you reached exactly the destination you needed to! Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Grace+Peace

-Jason

The Camino often takes us in some unintended directions and on different Ways to what we had expected or hoped.

So glad that you fulfilled your intention, reached your destination and completed your journey.... and discovered a Camino Angel along the Way.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery from your injury.

As for returning... you never know what your future may hold and the Camino Call is strong...

Go Well

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back