• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tour Saint-Jacques in Paris open for visits

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Time of past OR future Camino
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
According to Le Figaro, the Tour Saint-Jacques in Paris is reopening for visits.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/culture/pat...ques-s-offre-a-nouveau-aux-visiteurs-20230520

It will be open this year from Fridays to Sundays until 12th November, and will consist of a guided tour for up to 17 people, excluding those under 10, and those not in sufficiently good health to manage the climb up the steep and confined staircase. It had been closed in recent years because of the covid stuff, plus IIRC an urgent need for repairs.

There is a special inaugural opening day on Thursday 25th May.

It does of course mean that pilgrims in Paris will, on the weekends in this period, be able to get that special Tour Saint-Jacques stamp on their credencial.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Visited 25 Apr - closed. Will be back in Paris late-Jun, will try to get a stamp. Thanks for the info. Cooee

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was there in April, still closed. Now I'm actually thinking how it feels to go up that place, it's SO narrow!
I would totally go if I have the chance to be there again, though.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum