• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train Crash near Santiago de Compostela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
I have just seen the tragic news that a renfe media train has crashed near Santiago station. The first reports indicated between 15-20 people have been killed. This is a tragedy for the families of those killed and for Spain. Prayers are with the families - and any pilgrims especially as its the day before St James Day.
Ivar - do you have any news to post?? :cry:

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I am in Santiago and headed to the Cathedral at 9:00 PM to view this evening's festivities and light show only to be turned around-- they have cancelled the St. James festival due to the tragic train crash. There is an uncertain energy in the city as pilgrims and and locals try and grasp the tragedy. Local news, as well as BBC are reporting 35 casualties. I'm deeply saddened by the news and have begun to feel the local devastation.

Terrible news. I will offer the Mass in the morning at my parish for the dead, the injured, and their families. Praying for solace and comfort for all. Santiago pray for us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This is such a terrible accident, Australian news is currently reporting 45 dead and many more badly injured. My prayers and thoughts go out to the injured, the families of those involved, and those helping with the rescue operations.

Trudy

I have just heard about this terrible train accident and felt a shudder through my body.
I had been thinking about all the St James Day celebrations going on in my beloved Santiago and wishing I was there.
My prayers and sympathy goes out to all the families of the deceased and the injured.
Heather

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back