A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Train to Sarria

louiejf

Camino(s) past & future
French Way (2020)
There appears to be several train stations in Madrid. Could someone tell me which station will take me to Sarria? Is it the Chamartin? Thank you in advance.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
There appears to be several train stations in Madrid. Could someone tell me which station will take me to Sarria? Is it the Chamartin? Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome to this forum.
Take your time to find your way here and please ask us any questions you might have.
A good start is using the search box function in the right upper corner.

Madrid Chamartin is indeed the correct tainstation to depart.

Take a look at the Renfe webiste for more details.
One daily train around between twelve and one in the afternoon.

Donjek

Camino(s) past & future
2012 SJPdP - Fisterra
On Renfe site, plug in your origen Madrid Todas and destination Sarria. Enter date and press 'comprar'. A list of trains comes up. On the far right there are '+' signs under the category 'opciones'. If you press that button you get details about the train including the station it starts from.

As far as I know, all trains for Sarria leave from Madrid Chamartin. No gaurantee that won't change tomorrow.

paddington

Camino(s) past & future
may (2019)
Raileurope.co.uk is an English based site where you can see and purchase train tickets . The trains show up as soon as renfe posts them, about 60 prior to departure . You can set up an email alert on the raileuripe website that will let you know when the trains for your travel date are available . There are two direct trains from Madrid (charmatin station) to sarria , one departs in the early afternoon and runs every day , the second direct train is an overnight train and runs 6 days of the week. The train takes about 7 hours . Charmatin station is not too big and is easy to navigate . There is a commuter train to charmatin station from terminal t-4 at the airport . This train runs every 14-20 minutes and the ride to charmatin is about 15 minutes. Buen camino

louiejf

Camino(s) past & future
French Way (2020)
Raileurope.co.uk is an English based site where you can see and purchase train tickets . The trains show up as soon as renfe posts them, about 60 prior to departure . You can set up an email alert on the raileuripe website that will let you know when the trains for your travel date are available . There are two direct trains from Madrid (charmatin station) to sarria , one departs in the early afternoon and runs every day , the second direct train is an overnight train and runs 6 days of the week. The train takes about 7 hours . Charmatin station is not too big and is easy to navigate . There is a commuter train to charmatin station from terminal t-4 at the airport . This train runs every 14-20 minutes and the ride to charmatin is about 15 minutes. Buen camino
Thank you for the detailed information. It will be very helpful.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock