• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TRAINS OR BUSES FROM LOURDES TO SJPP

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
I'm flying out of London with my son 14th April,the options as they stand at the moment are £150 into Biarritz arrive 15.00 or £57 into Lourdes arrive 9.30,I know there is a train from Lourdes into Bayonna but will I finish up paying more? or is it poss to catch buses to somewhere near SJPP maybe Oloron or even nearer and walk the rest.
We only walk for 8 days and would like my son to have the experience of the way from SJPP.
have already booked cheap flights home for the two of us from Santander ( £50) cheap bus to the coast from Logrono.
I seem to be using the word cheap a lot,this has nothing to do with the fact I'm a tight Yorkshire man
Ian

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Gee Ian,

I'm not sure of the actual answer but, in general, when I've tried to finagle the "cheapest" anything...I usually end up paying more. Maybe not in cold cash, but rather in frustration having to do with meeting a tight schedule, or sitting for hours waiting the next connection.

Since you're traveling with your son and you indicate you would "like your son to have the experience..." consider making it a memorable one for all the right reasons.

Buen "hey, was that a moth that just flew out of my wallet" Camino,

Arn

Since you're traveling with your son and you indicate you would "like your son to have the experience..." consider making it a memorable one for all the right reasons.
I hear you Brother thanks-
looks like I'm going to have to enjoy that old experience of opening my wallet for the kids
Ian

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum