• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Bayonne to St Jean

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi Folks, new to this forum but need some urgent help. I am planning my walk for next year but my son is way ahead of me. He is currently stuck in Toulouse due to industrial action on the trains so wont get into Bayonne til 8pm but last train leaves weekdays for St Jean at 6. Is there a bus service he could use. I have already got taxi info for him but unlikely at this time of year to find other pilgrims to share the cost. Arriving in SJ tomorrow knocks him back a day and he is trying to beat the weather forecast to turn nasty over the weekend and early part of next week so he needs to be well down the other side before the snow hits. Any help would be appreciated though I think I may be chasing a lost cause for today and he will have to stay in Bayonne tonight

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Doesnt matter about Bayonne to SJ now. French trains a mess. Taking him from Toulouse to Bordeaux for connection to Bayonne but train not now making it to Bordeaux for connection so he will be stuck in Bordeaux for the night. He would have been better off staying in Toulouse and starting again tomorrow. He has been on the go from 5 this morning in London and is completely exhausted. Just texted him to come home and go with me next year

Sorry to hear that.
I tried to find out earlier this morning - I thought it might have been possible for him to take the first train on the next morning and to start immediately his walk. As the departure was only about 8am, arrival 1.3 hour later, I didn't propose this...

Now, I found out that delays are due to announced strikes of the employees:

http://www.sncf.com/resources/fr_FR/pre ... 120228.pdf

For normal delays, your son may ask compensation, I am not sure in this case. But in his place, I would try so. See underneath the paper to fill in, to send with the ticket to Sncf. If they accept it, he should get 75% back.
Normally, he might even ask for the envelope at every train station - then, he would just need to fill out some information on the envelope (for train compensation)

http://medias.sncf.com/resources/fr_FR/ ... le_pdf.pdf

I hope he can find someone to help him with French.
It is a bit complicated just via the net.

Wish him a very buen camino, it is worth to go on!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Many thanks FatmaG. He made it to Bayonne on the 9pm express from Bordeaux and found a hotel just outside the rail station. Sleeping late tomorrow and getting the noon train to SJPP and maybe walking to Valcarlos. Will pass on your information. Really glad I convinced him to take his phone with him, a problem shared is a problem halved

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back