• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Leon airport to Leon centre

mbe

Hi pilgrims,

i plan to start my camino in Leon. Is there any option to get some bus at the Leon airport?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, mbe,

Here's a thread with some good information on that topic. http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/leon-airport-on-the-camino.10401/

Looks like the most direct answer to your question comes from falcon -- there's a bus approximately every hour from the airport to Plaza Santo Domingo. But I included the link to the full topic here because there are some interesting options to start walking directly from the airport onto the Camino.

Buen camino, Laurie

Yes there is, or rather there are!
The airport lies West of León, only 1.4 km North from La Virgen del Camino which, by the way, has an albergue de peregrinos. León is 7 km East of La Virgen and between the two locations there are regular local buses. If you have not visited León already, take time to find your way to this town. Its cathedral is spectacular and you'll find reasonable accommodation in the vicinity. The walk out of León until La Virgen is most boring:eek:. Santiago will not punish you if you bus again out of town to La Virgen and carry on with your pilgrimage. ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Its cathedral is spectacular
And it is no longer free. Unless you join a line for a scheduled mass in a side chapel, you have to pay to enter. The hours are limited, so you cannot just drop in at any time. Great stained glass.:)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid Chamartín early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back