• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport, Sarria to Astorga 13th September 2023

ajsimp

Time of past OR future Camino
13/09/2023
Hello,
Has anyone a suggestion for transport to Astorga from Sarria, 13th Sept 23. To start our walk back to Sarria.
The sites I have tried are coming up with nothing, surely there must be a Bus/train ?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Looks like there’s one train that day between the two stations, leaving Sarria at 9:21am and arriving in Astorga at 12:53pm. Pricing starts at 21,50€. However, part of the route includes a bus ride between Ourense and Monforte de Lemos due to work on the tracks.

Can you see the Renfe search results here?

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Looks like there’s one train that day between the two stations, leaving Sarria at 9:21am and arriving in Astorga at 12:53pm. Pricing starts at 21,50€. However, part of the route includes a bus ride between Ourense and Monforte de Lemos due to work on the tracks.

Buen Camino!
Hello natefaith,
Thank you for your assistance. I have tried to purchase tickets buy unfortunately an error has occured, so I will try later.
Regards Alan

Sometimes foreign credit cards don't work on the Renfe site. You could try to download the app and see if that works or some people have better luck with Paypal. I useTrainline with accepts my credit card.

Sometimes foreign credit cards don't work on the Renfe site. You could try to download the app and see if that works or some people have better luck with Paypal. I useTrainline with accepts my credit card.
Thank you J, Iwll try both.
Regards Alan

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Buen Camino!
Hello natefaith, Success, Sarria to Lemos, Lemos to astorga.
Regards Alan

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to León. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Buen Camino everyone. What is usually the plan once you reach Santiago. Can people walk back and stay at alberges on the return leg of the trip? Or do people just bus or train back to the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back